“Off the beaten path, but worth it”

Dragonfly Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 191 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Dragonfly Bar & Grill, a Tamarindo institution since its opening in January 2005. Highly touted as one of the best dining establishments in the bustling tourist town of Tamarindo, Costa Rica, Dragonfly consistently delivers exceptional cuisine, fantastic wines, cocktails and craft beers with gracious and knowledgeable service. Sourcing fresh local ingredients and seasonally adapting our menu options, Dragonfly Bar & Grill offers creative culinary cuisine and exceptional value in a charming and romantic atmosphere. Tucked away a short stroll from the town center, we are able to create a unique ambiance for our guests and are thrilled to share with them our little piece of paradise! We do not have an actual street address - We are a short stroll for the town center on Corona Street, after Pizzeria La Baula and just before Bolas Locas Mini Golf, behind Hotel Pasatiempo.
canada
“Off the beaten path, but worth it”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Delicious meal. Highlights were the black bean hummus and the fiery Thai beef. Easy to recommend and worth the walk.

Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Best Mojito Ive ever had, but the food was okay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this little hide-a-way restaurant, we had read some reviews but were unprepared for its quiet beauty. It is a wonderful atmosphere and the service is fantastic. Truly the best Mojito I have ever had, really amazing, I just wish we were as impressed by the food. I had the pork. The portion was ridiculous, impossible to eat, it was also slightly undercooked and dry if that's possible. My husband had the mahi mahi which was cooked well, a nice piece of fish but the chef chose to put the fish on cold orzo pasta. It was a very odd choice and cooled the fish so quickly that the whole dish was cold in a few minutes. Overall it is a beautiful place to have a romantic dinner and i'm sure based on the glowing reviews for the well loved local that our experience was an anomaly.

• Visited May 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Dragonfly is one of the nicest restaurants in Tamarindo. The ambiance, food and service is excellent. I will definitely go back to eat there again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sally P
Red Deer, Canada
“Best Restaurant In Tamarindo”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I am a foodie, so when I say this is the place to go - I mean it.
The food was excellent - prepared fresh with local ingredients.
The Tuna was EXCELLENT and I enjoyed every moment of it.
I ordered the Ravioli for the kids and I ended up eating half of it too - very flavourful and excellent.
The rest of our party ordered the Thai Beef Dish, Snookfish which were all excellent. I personally was not a huge fan of the snookfish, I preferred the Tuna over it but the Tuna was not local. Oh well! It was still amazing.
Mojito was the best I had in town and ended up with a Watermelon Martini which was not sweet at all and delish.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Tamarindo.
As far as the reviews about it being expensive - well you pay for what you get. I also did not personally think it was expensive at all. This is not Mcdonalds.

• Visited April 2014
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
“Restaurante Pipilacha”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Dragon Fly Restaurant (Pipilacha) in Spanish is a favorite of mine and is located next to my favorite pizza restaurant, Baulas. It is a little off the beaten path, but easily walkable from the center of Tamarindo. The food and service are above average and I would rank it among the top ten restaurants in the Tamarindo area.

• Visited April 2014