“Great place on the hill”
Review of Casa Bambora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Casa Bambora
Bozeman, Montana
“Great place on the hill”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Joey was an awesome host, the condos were clean and the waterfall/pool combo was sweet. There was a cool little trail that led up to his place on the hill with good views. Would recommend. Two cool dogs and a friendly cat also hang out. Plenty of hammocks. An outdoor kitchen was well stocked with utensils and we cooked a few meals on the grill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Casa Bambora was everything we wanted in a vacation! Our room was perfect (exactly like the pictures)...clean, small kitchenette, air conditioning, beautiful views. The shared kitchen/bbq/bar area by the pool was great for cooking with the other guests, making drinks for the pool and just relaxing! The pool was great and great views are offered from all over the property! Fabulous sunsets from the rooftop. Casa Bambora is about a 5 minute walk from town (down a steep path - this is the only thing I would caution anyone about... you should be able to walk up/down a steep path a couple times daily). It was totally fine for us, bring a flashlight for nighttime!

Tamarindo has beautiful beaches, great places to eat and lots to do! Joey was great in recommending places to eat, a place to buy fresh fish on the beach, things to do, etc. We loved Noguis!! Joey was a great host too...went above and beyond to help us out...helped us plan transportation to/from casa bamabora, let us use his computer, provided pool/beach towels, drove us into town, made coconut rum drinks from fresh coconuts! =)

I would highly recommend visiting Casa Bambora! Just a great experience! Can't wait to go back!

Bronx, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Bambora for 4 days. We booked last minute and got lucky that someone had cancelled their room as it had been booked for over month. I couldnt be happier that things worked out for us by staying here. Its set on top of the hill and has a small nature trail that takes u to the town in only a few minutes. However when you're there, you feel as if you are away from the town and have it all to yourself. There are hammocks all over the place, amazing views overlooking the town. The outdoor kitchen with a grill and everything you could need is really cool. I wish we would've taken greater advantage of it. Joey was super welcoming and helpful with many tips and where to go and what to do. Even upgraded us to a bigger room halfway through our stay. The internet is fast and reliable. We met people staying at high end resorts who complained about having to pay for internet and getting crappy service. I would definitely recommend anyone I know to stay at Casa Bambora. If I plan another trip to Tamarindo, i would definitely return here

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We spent two weeks at Casa Bambora and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Joey makes you feel right at home from the start. And his dogs are not only super cute, they make you feel safe and secure. We loved them.

We were really appreciative of the fact that Joey knows all there is to know about Tamarindo and will happily help you figure out where to eat, where to surf, where to find a great happy hour, etc. We were there during a really busy time (Christmas - New Years) and we loved the fact that Casa Bambora was close enough to be an easy walk to the beach, but far enough away to escape the madness.

If you're looking for a clean, nice place at a great price and don't mind being a 5-10 minute walk from the beach, we would highly recommend Casa Bambora. It was amazing!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Casa Bambora the last week of November 2012. The owner, Joey, is super welcoming and friendly, and the rooms are spacious, clean and nice. The property sits on a hill above the town and is about a 10 minute walk away. There is a shortcut that you can take down a hill.

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our time here. One of the best things about the place is the communal kitchen next to the pool. We spent a couple of our nights grilling out, hanging out, and having cocktails with the other guests staying at Casa Bambora that week. I would highly encourage use of the kitchen; it is a great way to meet new people!

I was initially going to stay at a hotel when I was planning my trip to Tamarindo, but I am SO glad that I chose to stay here instead. The rates are great and the atmosphere was perfect for relaxing. It is close enough to town to get there when you want to go party, but far enough away that you're not right in the mix of things when you don't want to be.

My friend and I had a great time, and the next time we go back to Tamarindo, we will for sure be staying here!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in Costa Rica after busy work project and in need of nature, quiet, solitude. I splurged on Casa Bambora's 3rd floor studio and got everything I was hoping for: privacy; a place within walking distance to beach and town, nestled in nature, away from the hustle and bustle; a kitchen to prepare meals; ceililng fan with screens for airflow/cooling (I'm not big on AC tho it's there); plus beautiful views of beach and jungle; laundry included. Joey was attentive to my needs in a very laid-back way, and I got the R&R I needed to regain my own rhythm. My fave thing in Tama... early morning on the beach, esp at low tide. Stunning.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Casa Bambora for a week in the lead up to our wedding and enjoyed every single minute while there. Not only is Joey a gracious host, but the surroundings are beautiful, well maintained, and clean - not to mention the killer views of the ocean, town, and sunset which we delighted in soaking up every night we were there!

The pool and outdoor kitchen are great for chill nights at home and the town is only a short walk away.

Also, the internet connection is fast and reliable....a necessary amenity for us as we work online.

I have already recommended the apartment to a few of my friends who are planning their trip to Tamarindo and would continue to suggest it to anyone in the future!

Room Tip: Choose the top level honeymoon suite....it has the best view!