“Great sandwiches and service!”
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Ranked #32 of 217 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Since 2006 serving Breakfast Lunch Dinner .We make everything from scratch pizza pasta panini salads waffle pastries and gelato!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Found this little deli 30 mins after arriving in Tamarindo and went back repeatedly. Afraid I can only comment on a limited range of food as once we had tasted the sandwiches on home-made ciabatta, we just kept going back for them. The service by the italian owner and her assistants was excellent and enthusiastic. The fillings were authentially italian, with roasted vegetables, fresh mozzarella etc. We took up the choice of olive oil and balsamic dressing which enhanced the flavour of the fresh herbs. Portions were huge but balanced, so not overwhelming. Can recommend this deli whole-heartedly at any time of day.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Italian owners have truly brought the flavor of Italy to this funky surf town... we tried quite a few items on the varied menu, ranging from panini to pasta to pizza to pastries. Each dish was great - so good that it received the "You have to try this!" commendation. Because of this enthusiastic sharing, I can personally attest that every item was delicious and well-worth ordering. A couple of standouts were the pesto pizza and the yogurt cake (topped with a mountain of fresh fruit).

As good as the food were the owners - lovely, warm people who made us feel like returning friends rather than anonymous tourists.

Try it - you'll love it!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you like "Real" italian Gelato, they have it. Owner is from Italy. We visited Italy in 2005 and loved their Gelato. Buon Apetito has the real deal. 1st we have found in the U.S. or anywhere but Italy.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a great experience here. I chose it for it's menu selection and great A/C which seems to be lacking at most joints in Tamartindo. The Margherita pizza had deliciously fresh basil & tomatoes. The portion was filling for my 220lb. stature (two smaller souls could probably share), and I loved the freshly made crust. The transplanted Italian owner was friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed watching her speak 3 languages while I was there. I saw another family who ordered a pasta dish and it was quite a large serving. They had lots of leftovers, so portion size was beyond adequate. I think I paid 9.79 US for the pizza, but it was well worth it.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good food for a reasonable price. If you close your eyes you would think you are in Italy! All freshly made and contains no garbage chemicals. Freshly made baked goods also. Wish I was close so I could go back.