“Stingray for dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Barcelona, Spain
“Stingray for dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a small place. The food was great. I had Stingray for dinner. It was very good, but I felt it had a little too much garlic on it. The service was great and I will be back again to try something else..... or have the Stingray again (I have not seen it at any other restaurant)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sally P

The Hague, The Netherlands
“One of the best restaurants in Tamarindo”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We've had our best dinner of our trip to CR in this restaurant. Absolutely delicious food and great wine selection! The waiters are kind and very service oriented. And leave some space for the deserts.

I am bit surprised that it's on #21... it deserves a higher ranking.

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, MI
“Fish done well.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a quiet respite on a busy corner. The staff were all really nice. It may have been our fatigue from a day of activity, but we didn't enjoy our meal as much as the other reviewers did.
I think the problem for us was the extremely long wait between all elements in the meal. I fully appreciate "pura vida" , but this extended far beyond what is reasonable. So, while the food was ample and good, the service was a little too slow in my experience.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary
“Awesome atmosphere, delicious creative food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Apparently there are only 2 restaurants in Costa Rica that serve sting ray, and Lazy Wave is one of them. So, we went to try it out and were beyond impressed.
The waiter first offered us a herb-infused rum that is made in house. It was so delicious, we had several of them!
I highly recommend trying the sting ray. I had the beurre noir style, which was perfectly cooked and the seasonings were excellent. It was rich, smooth and overall a great way to try an exotic meal.
A friend had the chicken wings. They had a big selection of sauces and the wings were big. Probably not the best we've ever had, but top 10 anyway.
The night we were there, Thursday, I think, a really neat band was playing, which really added to the atmosphere. They were really friendly despite their quirky no-speaking shtick. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Visited December 2012
Toronto
“Amazing Vibe. Amazing Food.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I love this restaurant - and here is why:

- Best chicken wings in Tamarindo hands-down!
- Delicious specialty drinks
- Super chill vibe. Fridays and Tuesdays they have live music
- The rest of the food is fantastic as well

The speed of the service is hit and miss.....but I think that is the same anywhere in Costa Rica.

It's not a cheap place to eat - but in my opinion totally worth it.

• Visited January 2013