“Great fun”

Kelly's Surf Shop and School
More attraction details
Owner description: Kelly's Surf House is a exclusive premier Retreat/Sports/Education Center in Tamarindo. We started out as Kelly's Surf Shop, where we specialized in surfing and SUP. We have grown to offer bike tours and rentals as well as as full tour center. Now, we provide the ultimate vacation packages. We focus heavily on giving you a safe, fun, and professional experience. Our staff are real, professionals who take great pride and enjoyment in sharing with those who want to enjoy every second of their experiences. We also have the newest, most extensive equipment selection in Tamarindo for all kinds of activities.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Atlanta, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had so much fun the first day surfing that we went back again for more. Within our traveling group, we had three different instructors and all were great. None of us had surfed before and now we have some true converts. Kelly's was great for our beginners - giving them the skills and help to really get to know this fun sport. Nice people, easy to work with.

canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“"the" place to go”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had my daughters up in waves in no time.
My teen girls loved both of their instructors
they saw the other instructors from other schools on the beach and felt better with who they had.

I used the shop for a week exclusively and they gave me a great price for everything

I have been going to tamarindo for quite a while and know that these guys are awesome

Iowa City, Iowa
“Great place!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great place, great waves, great instructor! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Overall, great experience.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lessons for a first-time surfer”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A friend and I were interested in trying surfing, since Tamarindo is known for a good spot for beginners. We selected Kelly's by chance.
I second the reviews about Luis: he has a passion for surfing and teaching it to others. You could see the excitement in his face as my friend and I got better over the two hours.
I would definitely recommend this spot for those who would like to try surfing while in Tamarindo.

Barrie, Canada
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great way to learn!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Me and my girl friend did a private lesson and it was great. They give you everything you need to surf, teach you what to do before you get in the water, and then once in the water you will be surfing! I got up my first try and my girl friend got up her 4th try. All the staff at Kellys Surf Shop are great and I would recommend. Only down fall was they said that a photographer would be there and wasnt, which was the only reason we went that day. We would of rebooked for another day if we knew the photographer was busy. You live you learn, still a great experience.

Visited January 2014