“Romantic beach atmosphere”
Review of Latitude Blue

Latitude Blue
Ranked #52 of 200 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Latitude Blue is the destination location for visitors from all over the world. We pride ourselves on an extensive gourmet menu, impeccable quality, service, and cleanliness. With ground-breaking entertainment, we offer an unmatched tropical experience to our guests. We are your passport to the beach!!
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very nice location. Dine right on the beach with live music and fire dance shows on certain nights. The menu offers a lot of seafood options and we both enjoyed our meals.

Nibbana-Tamarindo, Owner at Latitude Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for stopping-hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My friend and I (area locals) stopped by Nibbana for a late lunch and almost got up and walked out we were so disappointed by our lunch. First we ordered the tuna tartar app, which came in chunks that were completely frozen (ice crystals visible), and it took 15 minutes for someone to come check on us. The person who eventually came over wasn't even our waiter, and instead of asking why the food was untouched went to take it away like we were finished. We explained that the tuna was frozen and asked if there was fresh fish, he said he wasn't sure and walked away with the plate...

Our waitress came back with our entrees and didn't say anything about our app. I ordered the Thai salad, which was equally disappointing for several reasons. The first of which was there were multiple ingredients in the salad that were not listed on the menu (completely uncooked pad thai noodles?). It makes for a clean looking menu when each salad fits on one line, but I would've asked for a completely different salad had I known that it came with so much random stuff. Unfortunately this salad also came with "seared tuna", that was fresh out of the freezer as well. And one piece was also slightly breaded...? When the waitress returned I told her the tuna was frozen, to which she had nothing to say. I asked for it to be substituted with shrimp or something, and she said she would check but I might have to pay more.

My friend had also ordered a salad, which was advertised with feta cheese. Her salad came without the cheese and when she tried to point this out to the waitress she said that she was sure the salad didn't come with feta, and instead of going to check or bringing out a side, she went and got the menu to show my friend that feta was not listed. It was, so she was both rude and incorrect.

Eventually she brought out 4 shrimp that were hot, but cooked in nothing so tasted like nothing, and a small bowl of feta. She was also defensive and said the chef checked the fish and it was perfectly fine, because it was supposed to be cold. The best part of this was that as we were finishing our salads we heard someone approach the table behind us. He told them he was the owner and asked them how their food was, to which they said they were pleasantly surprised. He seemed pleased and thanked them for coming, and I thought for sure he had come out because our waitress reported that we were unhappy with our lunch and would come talk to us next. He walked right by our table, stared at nothing for a few seconds, and then walked away.

I don't normally feel the need to share negative reviews, but the fact that he completely bypassed us and we barely even got a "sorry" from our waitress was highly unacceptable, especially for a restaurant that claims to be the best in Tamarindo. We did come in at the end of lunch service, but that's no excuse to serve day-old food. I mean the restaurant is physically on the beach, put some effort into it and serve fresh fish. At the end of the day we paid $35 for two terrible salads and a weak lemonade (they did take the app of the bill), altogether a very sub-par experience.

Stay on your toes Nibbana, good salads are hard to find in these parts and I hope you put more effort into them, and good service, going forward.

Also, we kept getting distracted by the 10+ people who stopped by our table asking if we wanted to buy bracelets/bowls/bird flutes. This stuff is annoying enough on the streets, it would be nice not to be bothered by them while eating as well.

1  Thank HPotterCR
Nibbana-Tamarindo, Owner at Latitude Blue, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Your experience is certainly not what we expect our guests to have, and we apologize. We have addressed your comments with the entire staff, and if I had been made aware, I certainly would have corrected it immediately. Our goal is perfect quality and service every time, and if you are interested in stopping back in, please request a manager and we will try to make up for your previous experience. Thank you.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

On my recent trip to Tamarindo with my husband, Nibanna became our very regular haunt. First off, there's the great bar with views of the ocean and an awesome happy hour with killer cocktails. Then there's the restaurant right on the beach under palm trees draped in twinkling lights. The atmosphere is beautiful but relaxed and we discovered that the food was even better. There was so much wonderful fresh seafood to enjoy. We dined there twice and were lucky enough to have Ivan as our waiter both times. He greeted us like old friends on our second trip and took excellent care of us. He was attentive, gave us great recommendations and even brought us complementary shooters each night to close out the meal! You can't argue with that.

And I have to mention the entertainment at Nibbana which is definitely noteworthy. At 7:30 each night, there's a performance from Costa Rican fire dancers who are INCREDIBLE! We had seen them practicing on the beach during the day and couldn't believe how the performance came together with dramatic music, sexy costumes and some seriously unbelievable moves. Such a great addition to the evening.

If you're in Tamarindo, make sure you make it to Nibbana. And have a cocktail for me, please!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Casual atmosphere. The cerviche was outstanding. Only had the local beer. Our server was the bar tender and wasn't the most attentive waiter, nor the most personable. Which can be a blessing or we would have spent more. But our group had a good time.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a really nice place to have a special dinner with a special someone, like I did. The service is better than average here, though still a little despacio. But the food is very good. Eggplant Bruschetta and Lobster Risotto - and the amount and freshness of the lobster you get is obscene, at least a half pound or more with a delicious risotto. Their cocoanut flan is very tasty and firm. When you receive your bill you are given a miguelito - a shot of guaro with cocoanut milk, just enough to make you smile all the way back to your room.
The view is beautiful during the day, right on the beach.