“Dinner on the beach”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Perfect setting, on the beach, sangria, desserts....what else do you need to know?
Overheard some folks at our hotel talking about this restaurant and we decided to try it. We arrived after dark, and there was a performer juggling flames - pretty cool. Later during our dinner a mariachi band stopped by. Our table was on the beach, so we kicked off our shoes and relaxed with our drinks. Dinner was good - special requests were accommodated, and the desserts were awesome. Some tables near us had milkshakes, which looked great, but we had the coconut cream pie and the banana cream pie. Excellent finish to the meal, and a place that diners of all ages would enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We went there for a drink and to watch the sunset and had an excellent time - fantastic guitar player was serenading the crowd. Had a nice time, so when we came to town a few days later, we decided to go there for lunch.

What a mistake - the only nice thing I could say is that the location is awesome, right on the beach, toes in the sand, boats in the bay - beautiful. If we had not come back for lunch, I would have given this place an excellent review, however, my 2nd experience was less than pleasurable.

I understand tico time, but when you get your food before your iced tea and smoothie, something is wrong and we Never actually got the smoothie...I ordered chifrijo and had to ask for tortilla chips - they brought out what was obviously, store bought chips and the chifrijo, while a decent portion, was pretty much flavorless.

Wish I would have just went the first time, but I hope this helps you!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I enjoyed the fish tacos here recently, while the kids had some rather good burgers. They have tables right on the beach, but it was quite windy one day so we ate on the patio. Service is good, but business like. Not a bad lunch option in Tamarindo.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Traveled a half hour from a different beach just to visit Nogui's again. My fiancé was tired of me talking about their pie but ate his words once he tried it. Great atmosphere, delicious food/drinks/desserts with a great view. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The price of the tacos is a little bit more pricey but shrimp tacos were delicious, the fish tacos were pretty good also. The pineapple pie is ONE OF THE BEST desserts my husband and I have ever eaten- and I eat a lot of desserts!