All reviewsprivate roomsurf lessonscosta ricaan absolute blastcommunal kitchenawesome surfour home away from homesecond homeother guestsstayed dayslearn howanneeliashostelvibehammocksmonkeys
Reviewed January 24, 2017

Tamarindo Backpackers is a cozy and clean place where everyone feels welcome. The positive vibes spread by the fantastic staff crew just makes you stay longer than you ever thought! It's guaranteed that you will meet great people with inspiring stories to tell. The crew is more like a big family that welcomes you to their home which makes the Hostel absolutely unique. Everyone has ones different special quality and will help you with any kinds of needs you have. Going out taking a surf class with Elias, check out the sunset at langosta beach and enjoy the barbecue made by Elias family is absolutely fulfilling and something you just have to do during your stay. Thanks to the amazing staff and chapeau to Dan, the very best manager who never gets tired on helping you out! It was just incredibly amazing to get stuck in this beautiful vortex with you guys! Gracias por todos,
Ayla (Cologne, Germany)

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2017

The staff is amazing! Even though they didn't had room for my first night (I arrived to Tamarindo on high season on a Friday without reservation), they helped me get a room for that night in another hostel. The next days I stayed in Tamarindo Backpackers and it was awesome! The place is nice, clean, good kitchen, great pool, and above all, great common area to meet people and hang out.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2017

It's been so far the best hostel I stayed during my trip in Costa Rica. Staff is very nice and helpful. The kitchen has everything you need to cook anything you want. Rooms and dorms are cleaned everyday, such as the rest of the hostel. One love to Camil. Hope to be there again one day.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start?
I travel standby because my mom works for air Canada. And didn't know if I would be getting on the flight. After a long tiring year this was my first solo trip December 25-January 1.
I got on the flight and when I got to the hostel, I knew I wouldn't want to leave.
Anne, the owner, was out of town but was still in constant communication to make sure I arrived and had everything set up.
The staff are pretty great, fun and knowledgeable, they take time to set up surf lessons or excursions if need be. They hang out with the guests and get to know them! Super friendly.
The grounds are perfect. Good mix of private and common spaces. I stayed in one of the dorms. I had NOTHING stolen, and everyone treated everyone else's things with respect.

On top of the perfect weather, the food music and people were fantastic and it was quite a week.
We could go surfing with the employees too, they treat you to some lesser known surf spots and they know where to go for the best meals at a good price.

I will ABSOLUTELY be returning here, but for longer than a week!!

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Where do I even begin? The booking process was super easy, a couple quick emails with the owner & I had a bed and shuttle lined up, everything else fell into place from there.

From the moment I walked in the door, I knew I was in the right place. The staff, the guests, the music... everything was friendly & inviting.

The atmosphere was very laid back & casual. I felt right at home right away!

The dorms are cozy, not too crowded & always kept clean. Everyone was always super courteous & quiet if people were sleeping.

The staff were all incredibly friendly & amazingly helpful. They took me out, showed me around. They had tips on where to eat, where to drink, where to watch the sunset & which activities I'd enjoy.

The surf lesson with Elias was another highlight. What a fantastic instructor, it was clear within minutes of talking to him how passionate he is about surfing. One of the most patient & positive instructors I've ever had, he made the lesson very enjoyable & I would highly recommend him to anyone!

I don't have a single complaint about my stay there, except maybe that it was too good & leaving was pretty hard.

It was an absolutely amazing place to stay, whether it was laying in the hammock relaxing or having a few drinks by the pool. I'll definitely be back & I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo