“Best hostel experience yet”

Tamarindo Backpackers
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My stay at the Tamarindo Backpackers was a wonderful experience. The property is in a great location. It is bright, clean and well looked after with private rooms as well as shared rooms. The owners Chris and Ann were kind, helpful, and just really great people to spend time with and get to know. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone considering going to Tamarindo.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Tamarindo backpackers is my favourite hostel in all of Costa Rica! It has everything that makes a good hostel. It's bright, clean, spacious, with air-con and a nice pool. It's in a great location - very close to the centre, Most importantly Chris and Anne are so friendly and helpful and can always recommend whatever you need. For this, it's got a relaxing vibe and I love staying there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Tamarindo Backpackers and It was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever been in. The owners, Chris and Anne, were so cool and accommodating, they made me feel like one of the family. Julian, the Surf Director, set me up proper w a Board and showed me the best places in town to catch some waves. I actually spent one night in another hostel in town before coming to Tamarindo Backpackers, but after being unsatisfied with the place, I walked around town and talked to people and luckily found this little jewel. Anne was always there to answer my many questions and also told me where the tastiest places to eat in Tamarindo were and where to grab a drink. Chris made Key Lime Pie for all of the guests staying there and was just so super chill and totally fun to hang out with. They also have a Pool!!!! Awesome place. If you are ever in Tamarindo, definitely stay here...its the best place in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had the best stay at Tamarindo backpackers! The owners Anne and Chris, were helping me even before I arrived. They answered all my screening questions of the place, Anne was super friendly in all her e-mails and that put me at ease since I was travelling alone. She booked my airport shuttle for me which was super helpful and through out the entire week checked up on me to see if I was enjoying my stay and helped me plan activities to maximize my adventure!
The hostel is exactly what it claims to be, beautiful, clean great location, friendly vibe and just a really good spot for a backpacker to meet new people, relax and enjoy beautiful costa rica! Would def. stay there again! The staff was always helpful and super friendly. Tamarindo is super safe and walking back to the hostel was always a treat because you are surrounded by nature... enjoyed every bit of it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Coolest hostel in Tamarindo by far. Stayed longer than I intended as Chris and Anne made me so welcome I struggled to leave! Breakfast cooked for you, clothes washed, clean everywhere, a few minutes stroll from beach or bars and restaurants...what more could a girl wish for! Check out the art work inside and out..it's amazing..I could go on but will save the other great things about Tamarindo Backpackers for you to find out for yourselves so as not to spoil the surprise.......

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in Tamarindo from November 3-16 and could not have been happier with Tamarindo Backpackers Hostel!!!! The private rooms are just like hotel rooms, and each of the bathrooms are gorgeous, with tilework, shower rugs, and soap and hand towels and stenciled designs as well. As they are cleaned twice daily, the place is sparkling. What amazed me is how many guests in both the private rooms and the dorms extended their stays by several days. I think this was partly because the beach and surfing at Tamarindo are to die for, but the town itself is loaded with fun shops and many restaurants, from fine dining to casual dining to take away places. And there is so much to do in terms of activities and tours. The hostel owners Anne and Chris, are the friendliest, most fun, most helpful and knowledgeable people on the planet, and Anne speaks perfect Spanish as well as English. They arrange transport as well as tours. I did the tour to Las Carolinas, to Ostinal to swim with turtles, and SNUBA (a cross between snorkeling and scuba), and ate out at a different restaurant every night. Langosta Sports Bar and Langosta Beach Club are among my favorites. I also went to the new mini-golf in Tamarindo, which is about the most beautiful course you will ever see! The hostel’s swimming pool is super-clean and there are so many chairs and tables around it, and hammocks, that there is always someone fun from all over the world to talk to. And for $5 you can pre-order a great and filing breakfast cooked by one of the staff who trained as a chef. The large kitchen offering free coffee from 7 -11 am and the adjoining lounge with big flat screen tv, leather couch and chair and surfboard coffee table, were always full of guests getting to know each other and plan the day’s adventures. I would go back there many more time!

Room Tip: Private rooms are fantastic but dorms are also great: well decorated, great views, super-clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

First we would liked to stay for 3 nights but we decided to stay longer because we loved the place so much. We really had the feeling to be in a safe place (like home). You feel always very welcome because the owners and the staff were so friendly!
The rooms were very good en and they have all the facilities that a backpacker needs.
We would like to thank Chris, Anne, Anne's mom, Marcel, Daniel & the house cat so much. Thank you guys for giving us such a good time!
With many love, Laura, Judith & Ilja