Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how an excellent instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Amazing surf trip!!. Super organized it. Great crew and waves with excellent conditions. We will come back the next year. This was the highlight of our vacations !

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I been surfing in another place but when I find TSE and they took me too the area for find the best waves just perfect,everyone has said a lot about this so I'll keep this brief because everything that's been said positive is absolutely correct. The instructors are incredible - great teacher, build your confidence, quickly identify and work with you on your challenges. I learned and improved more in 5 days here that in the 3 years of surfing,me and my friends had a great time with them

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

my priority for the trip was to improve my surfing. I was worried going into it because my expectections were so high but staying at TSE is exactly what i needed to take my surfing to the next level. I never realized how fun the process could be.

This was one of the best if not the best surf trip i've ever been on.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent an incredible morning with Victoria, Ariel, and Jony in Tamarindo. Our group of four included my thirteen-year-old daughter, eight-year-old son and my eight-year-old niece.

Focused on making the lesson fun while keeping us safe, the three of them eased our anxiety and gave us the confidence to take on the waves. We all made it up on our boards but the two youngest kids clearly put my daughter and me to shame!

Victoria, Ariel, and Jony were absolutely awesome! After our lesson, they even took the time to give my two-year-old niece a few pointers. This was definitely a highlight of our outstanding trip to CR.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We scheduled a session with TSE and enjoyed it so much we cleared our schedules for a second day of surfing. I would not hesitate to recommend TSE to anyone whether beginner or otherwise.

Our instructor for both days was Jony and he is amazing -- a great teacher, energetic, and very passionate about surfing. It's clear he enjoys surfing and teaching and it translates directly to a great learning experience. Our group of 3 had varying levels skill/comfort and Jony was able to work with each of us to get us riding waves and more importantly have a great time in the water!

Pacing for the lessons is perfect. The first day we started in a beginner area with nice, manageable waves. The second day Jony took us by boat to a different beach with more moderate waves, and gradually layered in techniques to work on based on our comfort level -- perfect for our progression.

For comparison I had previously done surf lessons in Hawaii and while that was great TSE is that much better! If you're in the area don't hesitate to schedule time.

Date of experience: July 2018