“Amazing”

Tamarindo Surf Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The surf experience in town. we pick you up at your place for a surf session and We take you where the waves are best depending on tides, wind, and swell direction.
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I been surfing in another place but when I find TSE and they took me too the area for find the best waves just perfect,everyone has said a lot about this so I'll keep this brief because everything that's been said positive is absolutely correct. The instructors are incredible - great teacher, build your confidence, quickly identify and work with you on your challenges. I learned and improved more in 5 days here that in the 3 years of surfing,me and my friends had a great time with them

Date of experience: September 2018
"action shots"
"bigger waves"
"taking photos"

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

my priority for the trip was to improve my surfing. I was worried going into it because my expectections were so high but staying at TSE is exactly what i needed to take my surfing to the next level. I never realized how fun the process could be.

This was one of the best if not the best surf trip i've ever been on.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent an incredible morning with Victoria, Ariel, and Jony in Tamarindo. Our group of four included my thirteen-year-old daughter, eight-year-old son and my eight-year-old niece.

Focused on making the lesson fun while keeping us safe, the three of them eased our anxiety and gave us the confidence to take on the waves. We all made it up on our boards but the two youngest kids clearly put my daughter and me to shame!

Victoria, Ariel, and Jony were absolutely awesome! After our lesson, they even took the time to give my two-year-old niece a few pointers. This was definitely a highlight of our outstanding trip to CR.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We scheduled a session with TSE and enjoyed it so much we cleared our schedules for a second day of surfing. I would not hesitate to recommend TSE to anyone whether beginner or otherwise.

Our instructor for both days was Jony and he is amazing -- a great teacher, energetic, and very passionate about surfing. It's clear he enjoys surfing and teaching and it translates directly to a great learning experience. Our group of 3 had varying levels skill/comfort and Jony was able to work with each of us to get us riding waves and more importantly have a great time in the water!

Pacing for the lessons is perfect. The first day we started in a beginner area with nice, manageable waves. The second day Jony took us by boat to a different beach with more moderate waves, and gradually layered in techniques to work on based on our comfort level -- perfect for our progression.

For comparison I had previously done surf lessons in Hawaii and while that was great TSE is that much better! If you're in the area don't hesitate to schedule time.

Date of experience: July 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Travelled with my three sons 21,19 and 17 and had a great week . Tamarindo is a great surf resort but what really made the week really fantastic was Jonny, Victoria and Francesco from TSE . Not only great surf instructors ( they even got me standing ) they injected fun and energy into the day and made the whole holiday . Would we go back to Tamarindo again ? Yes but only if we could could book these guys for the week . Great instructors and bloody good blokes and girls ; thanks guys for a great week !!!

Date of experience: August 2018