Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
From scratch to wave rider on day 2 !!

Maybe this sounds crazy but it's true. I couldn't believe it when it was happening!! Definitely... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Xamira Z
Pura Vida from the waves of Tamarindo

While in Tamarindo, I knew a surfing lesson was necessary. After I did some research online I found... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Alex P
New York City, New York
via mobile

All reviews land rover defender pura vida met johnny these guys improved greatly beginner group learning curve great teacher some great photos costa rica learning experience professional photographer riding waves positive energy action shots bigger waves taking photos
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We scheduled a session with TSE and enjoyed it so much we cleared our schedules for a second day of surfing. I would not hesitate to recommend TSE to anyone whether beginner or otherwise.

Our instructor for both days was Jony and he is amazing -- a great teacher, energetic, and very passionate about surfing. It's clear he enjoys surfing and teaching and it translates directly to a great learning experience. Our group of 3 had varying levels skill/comfort and Jony was able to work with each of us to get us riding waves and more importantly have a great time in the water!

Pacing for the lessons is perfect. The first day we started in a beginner area with nice, manageable waves. The second day Jony took us by boat to a different beach with more moderate waves, and gradually layered in techniques to work on based on our comfort level -- perfect for our progression.

For comparison I had previously done surf lessons in Hawaii and while that was great TSE is that much better! If you're in the area don't hesitate to schedule time.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Travelled with my three sons 21,19 and 17 and had a great week . Tamarindo is a great surf resort but what really made the week really fantastic was Jonny, Victoria and Francesco from TSE . Not only great surf instructors ( they even got me standing ) they injected fun and energy into the day and made the whole holiday . Would we go back to Tamarindo again ? Yes but only if we could could book these guys for the week . Great instructors and bloody good blokes and girls ; thanks guys for a great week !!!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We started out with 4 foot waves the first day to evaluate us - dad and daughter. We went to a nice secluded area the second day with 6 foot waves - we let the 8 foot waves pass us by. Chose a great location based on the conditions. Johnny was very supportive and gave great direction to stay up on the board. By the end of our lessons we were getting up and making turns. My daughter rode a wave for a good 15 seconds. A rash guard is a must for the sun sensitive. Johnny used his assistant on the shore to help him see issues to improve. Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I recently brought my 16 year old son to Costa Rica on a surf trip and hired TSE as guides/instructors. I am an experienced surfer and was mainly looking for help finding the right spots and right condition. My son is less experienced and needed instruction. TSE did an amazing job of meeting both of our needs and we were able to surf together in fantastic conditions! I was able to focus on my own surfing while my son was getting world class instruction with Johnny who is the owner.

Johnny is really great and over the course of 5 days my son’s level improved greatly. He was able to surf some really great waves and pull things off that he would never have been able to do without the help

We also got some great photos! Victoria does the photography and I have never looked so good on a wave!

I have surfed with lots of surf instructors and guides and it is hard to find the level of professionalism and customer service that TSE provides. These guys really made our trip!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

TSE is an absolutely great surf program that will get you results immediately on the first day. Johnny is an excellent instructor who picks you up from your hotel and brings you to the perfect spots. This photo is from the second session.