“Best surf guys in Tamarindo”

Tamarindo Surf Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The surf experience in town. we pick you up at your place for a surf lessons and We take you where the waves are best depending on tides, wind, and swell direction.
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Travelled with my three sons 21,19 and 17 and had a great week . Tamarindo is a great surf resort but what really made the week really fantastic was Jonny, Victoria and Francesco from TSE . Not only great surf instructors ( they even got me standing ) they injected fun and energy into the day and made the whole holiday . Would we go back to Tamarindo again ? Yes but only if we could could book these guys for the week . Great instructors and bloody good blokes and girls ; thanks guys for a great week !!!

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"his team"
"super fun"

Reviewed July 28, 2018

We started out with 4 foot waves the first day to evaluate us - dad and daughter. We went to a nice secluded area the second day with 6 foot waves - we let the 8 foot waves pass us by. Chose a great location based on the conditions. Johnny was very supportive and gave great direction to stay up on the board. By the end of our lessons we were getting up and making turns. My daughter rode a wave for a good 15 seconds. A rash guard is a must for the sun sensitive. Johnny used his assistant on the shore to help him see issues to improve. Highly Recommend!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I recently brought my 16 year old son to Costa Rica on a surf trip and hired TSE as guides/instructors. I am an experienced surfer and was mainly looking for help finding the right spots and right condition. My son is less experienced and needed instruction. TSE did an amazing job of meeting both of our needs and we were able to surf together in fantastic conditions! I was able to focus on my own surfing while my son was getting world class instruction with Johnny who is the owner.

Johnny is really great and over the course of 5 days my son’s level improved greatly. He was able to surf some really great waves and pull things off that he would never have been able to do without the help

We also got some great photos! Victoria does the photography and I have never looked so good on a wave!

I have surfed with lots of surf instructors and guides and it is hard to find the level of professionalism and customer service that TSE provides. These guys really made our trip!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

TSE is an absolutely great surf program that will get you results immediately on the first day. Johnny is an excellent instructor who picks you up from your hotel and brings you to the perfect spots. This photo is from the second session.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I had a wonderful time with Tamarindo Surf Experience. While staying in Tamarindo, my wife and I booked with Jony twice. We were able to both dramatically improve our surfing abilities in the two lessons that Jony instructed us. Many surf instructors are content to get you standing on a board in the white water. Jony's intent was for me to be self sufficient in the water; by the end of our second lesson I rode a right down the line, and was comfortable catching some green waves by myself.

Bear in mind that his company does more than simply teach beginners; if you are an advanced surfer and need a local guide, his company can facilitate transportation to the break and give you a rundown on the local surf spots. Transportation is accomplished through a fleet of 4x4 off road vehicles that will get you to any break accessible by land. For those of you who are like me and did not travel to any remote beaches, the Land Cruisers and Defender 110s that you travel in are a cool throwback that most people in the states never get to experience. If you are a 4x4 aficionado, you'll enjoy these vintage vehicles.

Jony and his company are extremely professional and a blast to hang out with. I would recommend this company for individuals, couples, and families. Don't waste your money on subpar instructors who either do not know what they are doing or see you as a walking dollar sign. If you book with TSE and communicate what your goals are, I am sure that Jony will help you accomplish them. On a final note, some of their emails go to spam, so I recommend you checking your junk mail box to ensure you don't write them off. Be sure to move those emails to inbox: it helps email services reclassify their emails as legitimate mail :)