“Wow! What a great experience!”

Tamarindo Surf Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The surf experience in town. we pick you up at your place for a surf lessons and We take you where the waves are best depending on tides, wind, and swell direction.
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I recently brought my 16 year old son to Costa Rica on a surf trip and hired TSE as guides/instructors. I am an experienced surfer and was mainly looking for help finding the right spots and right condition. My son is less experienced and needed instruction. TSE did an amazing job of meeting both of our needs and we were able to surf together in fantastic conditions! I was able to focus on my own surfing while my son was getting world class instruction with Johnny who is the owner.

Johnny is really great and over the course of 5 days my son’s level improved greatly. He was able to surf some really great waves and pull things off that he would never have been able to do without the help

We also got some great photos! Victoria does the photography and I have never looked so good on a wave!

I have surfed with lots of surf instructors and guides and it is hard to find the level of professionalism and customer service that TSE provides. These guys really made our trip!

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"his team"
"super fun"

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

TSE is an absolutely great surf program that will get you results immediately on the first day. Johnny is an excellent instructor who picks you up from your hotel and brings you to the perfect spots. This photo is from the second session.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I had a wonderful time with Tamarindo Surf Experience. While staying in Tamarindo, my wife and I booked with Jony twice. We were able to both dramatically improve our surfing abilities in the two lessons that Jony instructed us. Many surf instructors are content to get you standing on a board in the white water. Jony's intent was for me to be self sufficient in the water; by the end of our second lesson I rode a right down the line, and was comfortable catching some green waves by myself.

Bear in mind that his company does more than simply teach beginners; if you are an advanced surfer and need a local guide, his company can facilitate transportation to the break and give you a rundown on the local surf spots. Transportation is accomplished through a fleet of 4x4 off road vehicles that will get you to any break accessible by land. For those of you who are like me and did not travel to any remote beaches, the Land Cruisers and Defender 110s that you travel in are a cool throwback that most people in the states never get to experience. If you are a 4x4 aficionado, you'll enjoy these vintage vehicles.

Jony and his company are extremely professional and a blast to hang out with. I would recommend this company for individuals, couples, and families. Don't waste your money on subpar instructors who either do not know what they are doing or see you as a walking dollar sign. If you book with TSE and communicate what your goals are, I am sure that Jony will help you accomplish them. On a final note, some of their emails go to spam, so I recommend you checking your junk mail box to ensure you don't write them off. Be sure to move those emails to inbox: it helps email services reclassify their emails as legitimate mail :)

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t ask for a better surf experience!!!
From booking the lesson with Lisa, surfing with Johnny and Victoria on the camera for the professional photos.
I reached out to TSE forgetting to mention that this wouldn’t be my first lesson, Johnny and Victoria picked me up from my hotel, and we headed to the beach, during the ride they realized it’s my 3rd lesson and I’ve some experience, we turned back and headed to a different beach with bigger waves.
I probably learned the most from this lesson from Johnny, he’s full of experience and patience, not rushing me to try to catch many waves, but the good ones only.
Motivating me all the time, and teaching me important tips during the entire lesson.
This was a totally different experience from my second lesson in Santa Teresa.
And the photos that Victoria took were very professional, I learned a lot from them, see for your self.
And honestly couldn’t wait to go back to Tamarindo and surf with those guys again.
Pura Vida!!