Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Most Incredible Surf Trip!

Taylor N
via mobile
TSE is the absolute BEST!

Joe B

All reviews beginner group great teacher bigger waves costa rica amazing photos learning experience excellent instruction pura vida taking lessons these guys learned how learn how few hours took great care highlight of our trip his team super fun
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The amazing guides at the Tamarindo Surf Experience helped to create the best surf adventure of my life. They know all the best waves and also the perfect conditions for each location, so we knew exactly where to go. These guys have everything dialed in and are super friendly. Their years of experience and local knowledge are crucial to feeling comfortable in the line-up. Anytime you’re surfing in Costa Rica, go with TSE. Pura Vida

Reviewed 1 week ago

Tamarindo Surf Experience is the most legit surf expendition in all of Costa Rica! Johnny is an expert guide, he is familiar with every nook and cranny of the coast line. He took me to the best waves of my life and created an amazing experience along the way. He is super friendly and knows exactly what he is doing in the water. And you can't beat getting pick up in his sick Land Rover Defender. Call Tamarindo Surf Experience to have the experience of a lifetime!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Super sick surf trip with TSE, gnarly waves ! sick photos and nobody out in the spot !! Thanks to Johnny ! Awesome guy !

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I got picked up promptly in the coolest defender SUV ever and took a secret route to some really really fun surf. There was a photographer on the beach taking photos of the whole session as well which was cool. And once we were done we went back and they had water, and fruit ready. They were the most hospitable people I’ve been with so far. I highly recommend to anyone to use them!! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Amazing surf trip!!. Super organized it. Great crew and waves with excellent conditions. We will come back the next year. This was the highlight of our vacations !

Reviewed September 25, 2018

I been surfing in another place but when I find TSE and they took me too the area for find the best waves just perfect,everyone has said a lot about this so I'll keep this brief because everything that's been said positive is absolutely correct. The instructors are incredible - great teacher, build your confidence, quickly identify and work with you on your challenges. I learned and improved more in 5 days here that in the 3 years of surfing,me and my friends had a great time with them

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

my priority for the trip was to improve my surfing. I was worried going into it because my expectections were so high but staying at TSE is exactly what i needed to take my surfing to the next level. I never realized how fun the process could be.

This was one of the best if not the best surf trip i've ever been on.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent an incredible morning with Victoria, Ariel, and Jony in Tamarindo. Our group of four included my thirteen-year-old daughter, eight-year-old son and my eight-year-old niece.

Focused on making the lesson fun while keeping us safe, the three of them eased our anxiety and gave us the confidence to take on the waves. We all made it up on our boards but the two youngest kids clearly put my daughter and me to shame!

Victoria, Ariel, and Jony were absolutely awesome! After our lesson, they even took the time to give my two-year-old niece a few pointers. This was definitely a highlight of our outstanding trip to CR.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We scheduled a session with TSE and enjoyed it so much we cleared our schedules for a second day of surfing. I would not hesitate to recommend TSE to anyone whether beginner or otherwise.

Our instructor for both days was Jony and he is amazing -- a great teacher, energetic, and very passionate about surfing. It's clear he enjoys surfing and teaching and it translates directly to a great learning experience. Our group of 3 had varying levels skill/comfort and Jony was able to work with each of us to get us riding waves and more importantly have a great time in the water!

Pacing for the lessons is perfect. The first day we started in a beginner area with nice, manageable waves. The second day Jony took us by boat to a different beach with more moderate waves, and gradually layered in techniques to work on based on our comfort level -- perfect for our progression.

For comparison I had previously done surf lessons in Hawaii and while that was great TSE is that much better! If you're in the area don't hesitate to schedule time.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Travelled with my three sons 21,19 and 17 and had a great week . Tamarindo is a great surf resort but what really made the week really fantastic was Jonny, Victoria and Francesco from TSE . Not only great surf instructors ( they even got me standing ) they injected fun and energy into the day and made the whole holiday . Would we go back to Tamarindo again ? Yes but only if we could could book these guys for the week . Great instructors and bloody good blokes and girls ; thanks guys for a great week !!!