Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how an excellent instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2018

TSE came highly recommended to us when we were in Tamarindo.

I took a lesson the day before we were leaving Costa Rica - next time I will take an entire week. I was amazed at what we packed into one lesson. Pablo was our surf instructor - he was excellent. I didn't think it would be possible to stand on a surf board and ride a wave in after one lesson - BUT WE DID!

When we go back to Tamarindo, TSE is the only place I'll go to further my surfing education.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Jonathon and Victoria bring the best learning experience to you---they will uplevel your surfing in a day and make it so enjoyable--and if you are a fan of Land Rover Defenders --its a plus to the experience.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Our surf lesson with TSE was FANTASTIC!

We were picked up at the place we were staying Playa Langosta by the team promptly at 8 am and went a short distance to the beach where the waves were great for learning. We were a beginner group, first timers - 2 adults and 2 kids 7 and 8.

Jony took us to where the waves were consistent and big enough that we would get a good ride but be able to learn easily. The beach was super sandy so any falls didn't hurt. All of us had a blast! It was the highlight of our trip!

If you are searching the reviews for instructors or schools to go with, search no more. Jony, Victoria and paulito were amazing. Super encouraging, really laid back and very patient. Victoria took the photos and they were great memories for our experience!

I run a tour and instructional company in Canada and I give these guys top marks. From the moment we contacted Lisa in the office to the tile they dropped us off at the end, we were well taken care of. The communication was quick to book, the instructors were very clear and I felt like the entire morning was very well structured (although they did it in such a way that felt so relaxed).

Jony, your big smile and infectious personality will always be remembered. You guys made this so fun for us. So much so that everyone of us wants to do alot more surfing and come back to Costa Rica soon! Thank you!

1  Thank 418ricks
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Tamarindo Surf Experience provided professional, thorough and fun instruction to our 5 children, ages 15, 17, 19, 21 and 23. Johnny made sure each of them knew exactly what to expect, (safety, how to hold the board, what to do when you fall off, paddling, standing up and balancing/board position) prior to taking the boards into the water. Each one caught at least one good wave, and they were hooked! Victoria took some great photos throughout the session. TSE provided rash guard shirts to wear during the session. I cannot say enough about Johnny's instruction, professionalism and magnetic positive attitude. I highly recommend TSE!

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

A surfing adventure in Land Rover Defender 110 trucks to remote beaches with experienced surfers who are also amazing teachers! We had surfed before and just learned the basics. 2 hours with these guys and we were intermediate, surfing the line into the tube. Their technique for teaching was fantastic. They all had a great attitude, Pura Vida, and took us to the next level quickly. Johnny, Pablo, Loui, Gino “G”, Fran and Victoria on the camera gave us an experience we will be back for! There is no better way to learn the surfing lifestyle, skill and get access to less populated beaches with consistent waves than with TSE. We will be back!