Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique met johnny these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Tamarindo Surf Experience provided professional, thorough and fun instruction to our 5 children, ages 15, 17, 19, 21 and 23. Johnny made sure each of them knew exactly what to expect, (safety, how to hold the board, what to do when you fall off, paddling, standing up and balancing/board position) prior to taking the boards into the water. Each one caught at least one good wave, and they were hooked! Victoria took some great photos throughout the session. TSE provided rash guard shirts to wear during the session. I cannot say enough about Johnny's instruction, professionalism and magnetic positive attitude. I highly recommend TSE!

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

A surfing adventure in Land Rover Defender 110 trucks to remote beaches with experienced surfers who are also amazing teachers! We had surfed before and just learned the basics. 2 hours with these guys and we were intermediate, surfing the line into the tube. Their technique for teaching was fantastic. They all had a great attitude, Pura Vida, and took us to the next level quickly. Johnny, Pablo, Loui, Gino “G”, Fran and Victoria on the camera gave us an experience we will be back for! There is no better way to learn the surfing lifestyle, skill and get access to less populated beaches with consistent waves than with TSE. We will be back!

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Family with young teenager, first time surfing. Highly recommend all day experience. We had such a great time, we booked another lesson on a second day. Johnny, Victoria and Pablo were very professional, personable and excellent instructors. Their first priority was our safety and having an enjoyable experience. We had a great time with them and will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

My first reaction when I found TSE online was that it was too good to be true. The reviews were just too good, but there were so many of them i decided to take a chance and consulted my wife. “Go fo it” was essentially her comment. So I did. It was so much worth the trip I booked a repeat one week visit in February 2018. This second visit was even better.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

My daughter have had 2 surf lessons with Jony at TSE. He is very enthusiastic and make the lesson fun for the kids. It has been an excellent experience and we will be back for more lessons.