Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how an excellent instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Family with young teenager, first time surfing. Highly recommend all day experience. We had such a great time, we booked another lesson on a second day. Johnny, Victoria and Pablo were very professional, personable and excellent instructors. Their first priority was our safety and having an enjoyable experience. We had a great time with them and will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

My first reaction when I found TSE online was that it was too good to be true. The reviews were just too good, but there were so many of them i decided to take a chance and consulted my wife. “Go fo it” was essentially her comment. So I did. It was so much worth the trip I booked a repeat one week visit in February 2018. This second visit was even better.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

My daughter have had 2 surf lessons with Jony at TSE. He is very enthusiastic and make the lesson fun for the kids. It has been an excellent experience and we will be back for more lessons.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

My girlfriend and I had an awesome surfing experience with TSE. I met Johnny while he was dropping off some clients and we were leaving an AirBnB in Playa Grandé. We hit it off instantly and it wasn’t until later in our chat that I found out he taught surfing. We booked a lesson with him right there to start the following hour, and it was great.

Johnny had my girlfriend and I surfing dozens of waves over a 2-hour lesson. He was professional yet personable. It felt like a long-time friend teaching us to surf. He has a unique and positive energy about him that’s very contagious and makes the surfing lesson a ton of fun!

On top of it all, he takes you to the perfect beaches with best conditions for your abilities and no one is around! Other surf camps are right on Tamarindo beach where it’s crazy busy, but not with TSE. It was a total private lesson. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Pura Vida, Johnny!

- Mark and Brii, from Canada

1  Thank Mark O
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

It was an excellent experience, the best ones, they picked me up at my hotel and took me to a beautiful beach where I could surf and run waves in my first time, thanks TSE

Date of experience: February 2018