Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how an excellent instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Great family experience with tamarindo surf experience ! Jonathan and his team did a great job teaching us and our 3 kids (12,10 and 7 years old).
They have great spots and provide high quality lessons.
Highly recommended !

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

There is no better way to title my experience with Jonny and his company; these guys took us to some insanely nice and uncrowded breaks, and really showed us the local way! My poor planning combined with a little luck landed me with what I would call the best guides in Tamarindo and honestly my trip would have been a dud seeing how I had no idea where to go or where to look! I am an experienced surfer who was traveling with other friends who were as well, and I promise you that we all know who we're calling our next trip back:TSE! They hooked us up and got us on this really nice boat out to Witches Rock and Ollies Point, they had everything already in place for us, from photographers to lunch , to putting us on the right spot! Thank you Jonny and everyone who is a part of your growing company, you all really showed how much you care through all of your stoke, kindness and hard work; you went above and beyond and truly impressed me! Yeeahhhh buudddyyyyy!

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

First off, i’d like to say thanks again to Jonathan and Victoria, who made this dream trip all come together. This past week was hands down nonstop fun!! There was not a second wasted and i still can’t believe the waves i caught with Jonathan as our guide Jonathan took my family and I around to all the best breaks, waterfalls, atv tours, and great local food. I highly recommend using Tamarindo Surf Experience from learning how to surf, to finding the best waves in the area, and much much more especially if you do not know where you are going. From taking us to the best local eats to the many incredible different surf spots and taking pictures of us too! The surf pictures he took were insanely perfect and he is currently putting a video together of the trip. We used Tamarindo Surf Experience every day we were there and glad we did, it was very clear that if you do not know where to be you could end up in the rocks or getting stuck in a bad situation. With Tamarindo Surf Experience my family and I felt safe and we all agreed no way we would have been able to see/do nearly half the stuff they showed us if we were on our own. Jonathan was very attentive to our wishes and he was always ready to go early in the morning and take you to show you the REAL Costa Rica. If you go and try and find breaks on your own you most likely won’t have the amazing surf that we did. After a sick session at cape town ( a non-crowded surf spot ) getting barreled and beautiful waves one after another I asked Jonathan if he knew of any places that did ATV tours and without hesitation he called his friend about a tour later that day. The ATV tour was crazy we got to ride around through the jungle and pop out in the sand on the beach, crossing rivers and ended up at the perfect place to watch the sunset next to a cliff on the ocean. The day before we left Jonathan got us hooked up with a huge beautiful boat named Mankeme that was ran by the Mermaids and Surfers charters. We went on a boat ride to witches rock and ollie’s point where i caught the best waves of my life, i still can’t believe the trip i had, like it was too good to be true everything we did and the waves we caught.. All thanks to Jonathan and his Tamarindo Surf Experience!!!

1  Thank Pjnkns
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

First, I only thought I’d use a guide for a few days; that was until I met Johnathan and his other instructors. He is warm and relaxes you with his laugh that is really contagious. I promise after 30 minutes you will be laughing and will totally have no idea whatsoever of what you’re laughing at-the joke wasn’t even in your native language-Jonathan made you laugh.. after that comes the surf. What I would call a Disney land of waves.. what are you looking for? Wedges, points, barrels; he literally hit every single wave in 3 days.. and to me his best skill was finding EMPTY waves.. a wave that me and my friends can enjoy ALL TO OURSELVES and he has the vehicle to do it in- we went through 3 small rivers to get to a completely empty beach. Not only will he find any wave or anything you need he will help you so you can surf better by telling you what to do and also where the rocks are and the best peaky sections.. he increased my surfing skill exponentially. We went to Cape Town, the river mouth, little Hawaii, witches rock and at least 12 more I totally can’t temember .. He had to tell me to stop paying him I was so greatful to have such a wonderful experience. When I come back I think it’s pretty obvious I’ll be a repeat customer. I don’t think I’m going anywhere else.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

After taking several surf lessons with other instructors in Tamarindo, I was so fortunate to happen upon TSE. This surf experience blew all of the others out of the water! We were able to visit quieter beaches with almost no other surfers and the waves were easier to learn on. Once I took one lesson, I immediately started planning how many more lessons I could squeeze into the rest of my trip!

I had a blast learning! I got up on so many waves and felt successful early on in my first lesson! Johnny was much more encouraging and gave real feedback in contrast to the other teachers I had had. With feedback I was able to correct a few things and improve much more quickly. You can always tell a good instructor when you watch them catch a wave that you know isn't perfect and they make it look good! Can't wait to visit again for more!

Date of experience: December 2016