Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful surf experience for large family group!

TSE came highly recommended to us by an expat American family that lives nearby and uses them for... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Jessica Y
Atlanta, Georgia
Fantastic beginners lesson with TSE

It’s my family’s first time in Costa Rica- and it is a beautiful country! The kids and the husband... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
jujuwu11
Orange County, California
via mobile

All reviews land rover great technique these guys pura vida some great photos riding waves learning curve costa rica learning experience action shots skill level bigger waves great attitude amazing experience taking lessons learn how an excellent instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

The surf teacher kindly picked us up at our Hotel and drove us with his partner to a beach that was a little bit hidden but with less people than on the main beach. We were a group of four an everybody got a surf shirt and a surfboard. It was my first lesson, so he taught me the basic steps, because the others already knew them. He explained it very well and i could follow his steps easily. After we practised we were allowed to go in the water with our surfboard. We paddled a little bit till he choose the first person to show her how to surf and what she has to consider when she is in the water. After 10 minutes we switched persons and he dedicate another girl, that was in our group. One surf lesson is about 2 hours, depending on how many people are in the group. His partner took pictures of us during the lessons and send it to ous afterwards.
After the lesson he kindly drove us home and dropped us at ur Hotel again.
I really liked my first surf lesson because i learned a lot and i detected first successes. The surf teacher is very friendly an patiend. I definitely would do it again!

1  Thank Tabea B
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We went on our first surfing lesson with a group of 6 people. Everything was explained very well, first on the beach and then in the water. There was enough time for everyone and they were pretty nice. We went again the very next day to surf again. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My friends and I were completely new to surfing and booked our first lesson with TSE. We had such a good time we booked a second lesson right the next day! Jonathan is always super friendly, very patient (even when I had a bad day he would not let me give up and helped me end the lesson with a success! Thanks for that!) and just overall a great teacher. Victoria assisted us with everything else and took awesome photos during the lesson as well! We felt like they genuinely cared that we had a good time and did everything they could to ensure it! Overall a great experience and we'll definitely book more lessons with these guys soon :)

1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We had the best time with Jonathan !! He picked us up at our place and we then went to Avellanas beach which is so beautiful ! I recommand Tamarindo Surf Experience to everyone around town !

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I started out brand new to this sport and learned so much more with TSE than any other instructors (I had tried 3 other independent instructors)! So, I was surprised when they told me I was advancing quickly! They were so encouraging and still gave articulate and meaningful feedback. I loved their personalities and felt so comfortable with them! They are so genuine and fun loving!

It was amazing to see other beaches around the area, and explore new surfing spots with them. Wished I had discovered them earlier in my trip so I could take more lessons just from them!

Will definitely be back ASAP!

Date of experience: October 2016