All reviews casa cook boogie boards recommend casa german bakery a small kitchen area full kitchen costa rica rented surfboards catch of the day kitchen facilities boutique style hotel short walk beach chairs nice pool bed was very comfortable pura vida rest and relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2017

For our fifth trip to CR we wanted to unpack once and relax in the sun for 15 days. Casa Cook was the perfect place to do just that! The property is lovely and well maintained. Our beachfront cabina was spacious and very comfortable. A full kitchen allowed us to cook meals ; but we were also close to great restaurants down the beach. The staff is superb: attentive but not intrusive; always gracious and friendly . The true treasures of Casa Cook! Kudos to the delightful Sonia for arranging tours, answering questions and sharing local information; Antonia, Ignacio and Edelicio kept us safe and happy 24/7 and the three housekeepers were efficient daily! Of course no review would be complete without mentioning Buddy the 17 year old "watch cat"...fun to have around the property.
We have booked a longer stay for next year...proof that Casa Cook is wonderful in everyday!

Room tip: Beachfront cabina if you want separated living and sleeping space. The new cabinas if you want new and modern.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2017 via mobile

This is my third review of Casa Cook and as always, I had a wonderful time in Tamarindo - with my sister - and love to stay in the beachfront cabinas of Casa Cook. Whether you are planning a few days or weeks, you'll love the beach right outside with sand that's easy to walk and run on, close proximity to town and some excellent restaurants ( Patagonia, La Baula, Pangas, Surf Shack, Nougi's, Walter's) plus the staff at Casa Cook really look after you. Special shout out to Sonia - the resort manager who was very helpful when I had to turn around and go back to the airport to retrieve my lost luggage. Gracias Amiga! Thanks to Jose, their driver for always being on time and for taking us back and forth to the airport! Of course, the security team of Antonio and Ignacio are the best hands down and they do a little bit of everything on top of their regular jobs at Casa Cook. Also it was lovely to see the same housekeeping staff. Thank you Señora and Anna
There have been some changes this year with new owners (they love Casa Cook almost as much as I do lol) and the house beside has been purchased with the intention of blending both together into one resort. I do hope the transition will be smooth and that it will not take away too much from the charm and peacefulness that is Casa Cook for me. Time will tell. I booked again for next year!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kim1970555
SoniaPuraVida, Public Relations Manager at The Coast Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your kind review and your lovely pictures, we really enjoyed having you here. I am glad you left Casa Cook satisfied! Our goal is to make the Casa Cook regulars comfortable and as happy as they were before all the new exciting changes! We are very excited to have you back next year!

Sonia

Reviewed January 13, 2017

The best part about this place is the staff. Sonia and all the others work so hard to make everything just perfect, from arranging fun things to do to carrying lounge chairs out to the beach. They really spoiled us!. We stayed in the Villa and it was perfect for our family. The view is great, the accommodations are luxurious and it was really a spectacular experience all around. Hope we get to go back one day!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2016

My wife and 2 boys (9 & 11) just returned home from 9 days in Tamarindo. It was the first time we had travelled to Costa Rica and boy did we luck out with finding Casa Cook! Perfect location close to town, but not in all the action, plus located right on the perfect part of the beach. I've never experienced a beach like this one where the sand is somewhat compact, but still soft, so very easy to walk and play on it without feeling like you're trudging up and down the beach in thicker sand. We walked down the beach many times for meals and activities, no need for a rental car. The waves were small to mid level so it was perfect for playing in without worrying. There are many vendors on the beach but with a simple "no gracias" they politely move on.
In terms of the staff and amenities at Casa Cook, Sonia, Donna, Igancio and Antonio couldn't have been better hosts. They helped book tours and were always around for hanging out hammocks or getting items we needed. They were all wonderful!
The place is very well kept and the cabina is nicely furnished, so we never had any problems with the accommodations.
Lastly, unlike a lot of places in Mexico where you can feel a little unsafe at times, we never had that feeling in Costa Rica. The locals are very focused on pleasing the tourists and living the Pura Vida lifestyle.
We are hoping to return and see the staff and the hotel cat, Buddy, in the coming years.

Room tip: The cabinas on the beach are the best!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

From the moment my friend and I arrived at Casa Cook, we knew we chose the right place for us. We wanted a low key spot where we could relax but was not too far from town. The beachfront Cabina was bigger than I expected and had everything we needed for our stay. I cannot even describe how wonderful and attentive the entire staff were. Anything we needed was taken care of quickly and with a smile. The hammocks were lovely, and we spent nearly every evening lazing by the pool. They also have a grill which we put to use when we bought fresh shrimp and veggies at the Feria/Farmers Market on Saturday. And of course, Buddy the cat who must've known we were cat people because he sure liked hanging out with us! Overall, wonderful place and I will be staying here again.

Date of stay: August 2016