“Better than a cookie-cutter resort”
other travelers have booked this property
Spectacular Pool and Beach Club w/ Your Villa! Pool, Gym, Spa, Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Yoga Studio
Your Space to Enjoy Enjoy the Hammocks under the Rancho
Room 1 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 2 (2 Full Beds) & Bath
Room 2 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 3 Bathroom with Tropical Outdoor Shower
Room 3 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
One of Three Pools Available to You
Sunset Therapy Steps Away
World Class Beach Club Steps Away from our Villa
One of 2 Spas inside our Resort for you to Relax and Enjoy
Surf the Famous Little Hawaii Break
Your nearly private beach, one of 3 beaches available to you
Beautiful Beach for you to Enjoy!
Incredible Sunsets Steps Away from the Villa
Two Hard Surface Outdoor Lighted Tennis and Pickleball Courts and Club On-Site
Two Mountain Bike Trails (beginner and advanced) with ocean views On-Site
Ride Horses in Tropical Dry Forest and the Beach; Equestrian Center On-Site
Gorgeous Sunsets on 1 of 3 Nearly-Private Beaches within Hacienda Pinilla
This Daily View Steps Away from Your Villa is Sure to Make You Happy!
Birds-eye View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This is All Yours to Enjoy with a Stay at Our Beach Villa!
Aerial View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 12
Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 194 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spanish first
Any
omrc_tenn...
Upperco, Maryland
“Better than a cookie-cutter resort”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I have stayed at fancy all-inclusive resorts and they are very nice, but staying at Pura Vida House is an unforgettably unique Costa-Rican experience. My group of 13 men and women, solos and couples, ranged in age from mid-20's to late 70's -- eleven tennis players and 2 non-playing spouses. Jorge and Stephanie welcomed us with open arms to their all-inclusive bed and breakfast and made sure that everyone in the group had everything they needed, and did all the activities they wanted to do (ziplining, tennis, snorkeling, R&R, turtles, volcano, waterfall, exploring, horseback riding, pottery, rodeo, marimba music, dancing). The best part of our too-short one-week stay was being part of the local community and meeting some of Jorge and Stephanie's neighbors and friends. We got to experience the real Costa Rica, or at least one small part of this wonderful, eco-diverse country. I definitely plan to return to Pura Vida House with another group in the future, and look forward to spending another week (or longer) with our wonderful hosts and new-found friends.

Mar 17, 2014
Dear Mindy, thank you so so much for the kind words about Pura Vida House as well as about Stephanie, Pastora and myself. We were very honored to have hosted you and your tennis group last month! We had a blast with everyone on and off the court. Everyone’s contagious energy made the week fly by! The Pura Vida House doors will always be open to you, your family, and your tennis groups! Pura vida, Jorge and Stephanie Morera.
George M
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Definition of Pura Vida”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Accommodations a little sparse, the food very good. Jorge, Stephanie and Pastora go out of their way to make one feel welcome & comfortable.There were four of us in our group. All of vastly different physical abilities, interests & ages. (22 to 76) They made us feel like we were visiting family in the dry, dusty area of Costa Rica. They found us great bird watches, beaches, turtles and other wildlife. How often does one encounter a collard anteater? They introduced us to the local culture. One MUST attend a bull riding event. Steph & Jorge even found us excellent medical & dental help when we needed it and felt our most vulnerable. We feel like we have added a new niece & nephew to our family.

Mar 15, 2014
Hi George, thank you for your review, really appreciate your feedback and truly enjoyed having you and the family with us at Pura Vida House for a week! The anteater photo that Karen took is definitely the best photo anyone has ever taken here; both Canelo and Vagabundo got very lucky that day, hee hee! Hope to see you guys soon either in Columbus or Cincinnati. Pura vida amigo! Warmest regards, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
Mike M
Chicago, Illinois
“Why did I have to leave ?!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Well, it was a sad goodbye as we shook Jorge's hand and bid adieu for our return flight from Costa Rica back to "ChiBeria"(Chicago). It was aprox 85 degrees as I stepped on Copa airlines(Best rate I believe you can get to Costa Rica and no baggage fees so bring your clubs) at 10:00 AM and after a few hours layover in Panama I stepped into a -13 below zero PUNCH (not a slap... ) in the face. Tried as I did, the flight crew finally pried my hands off the plane door and kicked me off as much as i pleaded to let me go back :). Still haven't completely recovered from the shock as I sit here in -4 wind chill writing this review... but, my memories of my recent vacation at Purda Vida house keep me warm and smiling as I write.
From our swimming in a "hidden" waterfall / lake to my 2 seconds surfboarding ride I was finally able to complete on the beautiful beach at Tamarindo (Hey, not bad for a 60 + year old attempting to complete an unchecked item on his bucket list :)), it was one of the finest times I've had. Whether playing golf on the beautiful ocean side private course or just hanging out at Purda Vida at night as the cool mountain breeze swooped down while drinking a cold refreshment and watching a night time sky show as good as any I've seen in a planeterium, each day was unique and relaxing. One of My favorite times of the day was hanging out after a delicous local meal prepared by the fabulous chef Pastora and hearing the stories and backgrounds of the various guests we had the pleasure of meeting. Ok; I'm taking a lot of space here ; So, I'll just sum up by saying In my humble opinion; It's what a vaction should be all about: Mainly relax, enjoy fine local meals, Stay away from tourist traps, meet new people and set you own pace to do as much or as little as you like. Check out Purda Vida, you will be glad you did.

Mar 1, 2014
We're so, so glad you enjoyed your vacation with us (and so so sorry we couldn't do anything about the weather back home!). We had a wonderful time meeting you and getting to know you! You have a huge heart, and are a lot of fun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us up on here, we really appreciate it. I hope things start to thaw out up there for you. I will let you know how the gin and raisins work out when I have my father try that for his arthritis :-)

Please know you have good friends now down here and in Ohio if you're ever out that way.

Stephanie and Jorge
Mark W
Cary, North Carolina
“Unsurpassed vacation”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My wife and I arrived at the airport and were met by Stephanie as if we were family. And that feeling only grew at the house, where we met Jorge and the other guests (again, like family) and got settled in. The atmosphere at the house is open, warm, genuine and fun. Jorge and Stephanie have boundless energy, contagious enthusiasm and, yet, they are very sensitive to the ebbs and flows of each guest's needs. Pastora makes wonderful, authentic, food for you and you are catered to at every turn. Accommodations are standard but clean, private, and more than adequate considering the location! Lovely new pool. But it is the beautiful surroundings, birds, animals and, especially, the people that are the real indulgence. If you're willing, you will learn much and be enriched - not just pampered.

The environment at Pura Vida House allowed us to invest ourselves in a vacation in a way we never thought possible. We partied with the locals; rode horses and zip lines like children; lounged on private beaches like movie stars; engaged in philosophical conversations with the other learned guests; rocked silently in chairs nudged by a perfect evening breeze; explored and hiked, gazed across pastures and felt mountain mists. Memories of blessed times etched forever and new friends made. Thank you, Jorge and Stephanie!

Traveling group: Couples
Mar 1, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for the kind and eloquent words. It really means a lot to us for you to take the time, it really helps us out.

I can say with certainty that we had a blast with you guys, and only wish you could have stayed a bit longer. We're honored you trusted your vacation to you, and so glad you enjoyed it!

You have new friends in CR and in Ohio!!

Steph and Jorge
Al B
Elmwood Park, Illinois
“Best trip in 30 years”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

My son & I went with a couple of friends. They golfed every day, while we hiked, biked, rode horses, went zip lining, repelling, rock climbing, mud baths, mineral springs, tubing down river, cliff diving, mountain due rope swing into river, water fall climbing, & surfing. The food was great. They even made me special gluten free dinners every night. The personal service is the best I have ever received of all the trips in past 30 years. I've always enjoyed trying new places; but now this is the first place I am planning on returning to & soon!

Mar 1, 2014
We're so, so please we showed you guys a great time, and most especially, thank you for the kind words. We really had a great time getting to know you too, and hope that's not the only time we see you; whether down here, or up in Chicago or Columbus.

Pura Vida!
Stephanie & Jorge
Alison W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

What a wonderful place! Jorge and Stephanie were so accommodating and helpful! They showed us everything Costa Rica, have a wonderful home with great hospitality. We recommend this place to friends and family, you will get an idea of a less touristy Costa Rica than just staying at a resort. Authentic food, people, experience, just great!

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you for the nice review Allison. It was such a pleasure to have you, Ian, Lucy, Joel and your parents here at Pura Vida House for a few weeks. Hope to see you all again soon, and have a great time at Indian Wells next month! Warmest regards, Jorge and Stephanie Morera
930boba
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

This was my second visit to the Pura Vida House. Jorge and Stephanie and Pastora (the local woman who cooks all the meals) go all out to make every aspect of a stay at the Pura Vida House an amazing and unforgettable experience. I've been to many "all inclusive" resorts over the years, but theirs is by far the best for the money! When you leave the Pura Vida House you will not only have had an amazing experience, you will have 3 new friends!

Feb 6, 2014
Wow, thank you for such kind words, and for taking the time to write us a review :-) I'm personally sorry that I feel like I didn't spend as much time with you this year, but glad you were taking full advantage of Hacienda Pinilla golf course!! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you so much for bringing some friends along, we had a wonderful time getting to know them last week as well. I'm glad you made it back, and hopefully the weather eases up on you guys soon!

Pura Vida,
Stephanie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing