“Very fun trip! This was an awesome vacation!”
other travelers have booked this property
Spectacular Pool and Beach Club w/ Your Villa! Pool, Gym, Spa, Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Yoga Studio
Your Space to Enjoy Enjoy the Hammocks under the Rancho
Room 1 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 2 (2 Full Beds) & Bath
Room 2 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
Room 3 Bathroom with Tropical Outdoor Shower
Room 3 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 (King that Can Convert to 2 Twins)
Room 4 Bathroom, with Organic Handmade Amenities, Towels and Beach Towels
One of Three Pools Available to You
Sunset Therapy Steps Away
World Class Beach Club Steps Away from our Villa
One of 2 Spas inside our Resort for you to Relax and Enjoy
Surf the Famous Little Hawaii Break
Your nearly private beach, one of 3 beaches available to you
Beautiful Beach for you to Enjoy!
Incredible Sunsets Steps Away from the Villa
Two Hard Surface Outdoor Lighted Tennis and Pickleball Courts and Club On-Site
Two Mountain Bike Trails (beginner and advanced) with ocean views On-Site
Ride Horses in Tropical Dry Forest and the Beach; Equestrian Center On-Site
Gorgeous Sunsets on 1 of 3 Nearly-Private Beaches within Hacienda Pinilla
This Daily View Steps Away from Your Villa is Sure to Make You Happy!
Birds-eye View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This is All Yours to Enjoy with a Stay at Our Beach Villa!
Aerial View of Your Exclusive Beach Club
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 12
Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 194 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spanish first
Any
Henry S
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very fun trip! This was an awesome vacation!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Jorge Morera and the Sports for Nature staff were great in planning our trip in Costa Rica. They took care of every detail from the start, they planned our personalized itinerary weeks before we arrived, they picked us up at the airport on time, and every activity we did during the week we spent in Costa Rica was carefully planned and very fun. We did zip lines, went to Arenal Volcano (a must-see!), we did the Palo Verde boat tour, went horseback riding a few times through the mountains, and ate incredible typical Costa Rican meals, and spent plenty of time at different beaches. The trip was a good mix of relaxation and outdoor activities, just perfect!

Pura Vida House was very nice, it’s spacious and modern, surrounded by beautiful mountains that you feel like you can almost grab with your arms. The maid and cook were very nice. Jorge and his wife were basically our full-time guides. They were very patient in explaining many aspects about the Costa Rican culture, its customs, and they showed us around local towns. It gave us a good perspective of the true Costa Rican culture, something that is often missed when you stay at a big resort.

This trip was unforgettable, highly recommend it! My wife and I are already thinking of coming back next year!

Taylor D
Kensington, Maryland
“Easily the best week of my life”
Reviewed August 13, 2012
person found this review helpful

Jorge is one of my favorite people on Earth. He plans an incredible week and is just an incredible guy. Relaxing, adventurous, and just plain amazing. The Pura Vida House was welcoming and comfortable too. Can't wait to go back next year

Millie B
Washington, Virginia
“Best trip of my life”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

By far, this has been the best tennis trip of my life. I found Jorge and his Sports for Nature company online when I was thinking of going to Costa Rica, and right there, he made it seem like I was their only client. I actually never felt like a client but more like a friend. Online registration process was easy and a month before we arrived to Costa Rica, Jorge had already developed an itinerary based on the groups’ interests. Our group was only 5 players, so we received very personalized attention through the entire trip.

We spent 7 days/6 nights in Costa Rica. Every day we would wake up to a wonderful breakfast, then play tennis. Drills were really fun and we covered all strokes, plus plenty of live games to practice real match situations. After tennis we would go to the beach for a while, come back to the house for a tasty lunch, take a nap, and then go out to some fun eco activity. We went horseback riding, went on the zip lines, hiked, snorkeled, and fished. All activities were extremely fun, well organized, and Jorge was with us the entire time making sure everyone was having a blast. Private transportation was provided throughout the trip, arranged by Jorge and Sports for Nature.

Even though I did not know the other participants before the trip, we all got along great and we were all similar tennis levels, which helped the drills be fun.

Accommodations at Pura Vida House were great. I had a private room and full bathroom; it was clean and very spacious. The house has wireless internet, a great cable package of channels in English, and we could make or receive unlimited free calls to and from the US, definitely a big plus! The house is surrounded by lots of biodiversity, you’ll see monkeys, iguanas, and colorful birds right from the terrace!

By the end of the trip, I felt like Jorge and his wonderful family were close friends of mine. They went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time, and we had everything we needed. This was priceless, versus the big resort impersonal experiences I’ve had before.

All around an awesome trip; would recommend without hesitation to anyone looking for a relaxing and well-planned vacation, and looking to improve their tennis game in a paradise-like setting.

Management Response
Jul 26, 2012
Dear Millie, so happy to hear you had a blast, we did too. You are such a positive and fun person, you made the week seem short. We wish we would have had another week at least to hang out more and take you and the group to see other exciting places in Costa Rica. You will be missed and we all hope to see you back in the States very soon! Pura vida my friend! Warm regards, Jorge Morera.
BoyMom74
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great adventures and total relaxation”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Took my husband to Costa Rica for the first time to celebrate his 40th. We stayed at The Westin Playa Conchal and organized our adventures with Sports for Nature. Everthing was perfect! We started off with an incredible Costa Rican Day which gave us a taste of living in a town in Guanacaste. We went horseback riding, drank from coconuts, ate lunch and dinner in someone's home, hiked a mountain, and did some pottery. Another adventure day was Arenal which was filled with walks in the rainforest, zip lining through the trees and relaxing for hours in the hot springs. We surfed at Tamarindo beach with a top notch instructor and both my husband and I were able to get up!! Jorge Morera and his team at Sports for Nature are truly amazing. He is a talented tennis professional with tremendous skill for all level players. He has a gift to be able to help organize your trip and provide a fantastic and challenging tennis experience. The Westin Playa Conchal is a beautiful resort which is large enough to be a village. It has many restaurants, a spa, golf course, beautiful pool and access to the beach. The sports bar was a lot of fun at night! Also, if you practice yoga there is a great studio right down the road from the Westin with great teachers! Overall, this was an incredible experience thanks to Sports for Nature. Thank you!!

Fawne P
Columbus, Ohio
“Tennis and nature, great vacation!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had a great vacation put together by the staff of Sports for Nature, I would repeat it anytime. We stayed at The Westin Playa Conchal, the resort was beautiful, the golf course was challenging and several holes had ocean view. The best part was the fun tennis lessons, we covered every stroke and played practice sets, tennis drills were very interactive. Each player spent as much time as they wanted on-court daily. For me 2 hours a day was just about right. The resort had great food, and we really liked being able to eat any time and whatever we wanted. The lagoon pool was very fancy, and the swim-up bar was a great bonus. The golf cart transportation helped a lot since some of the walks were long. I recommend this vacation to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation in beautiful Costa Rica, you'll be pampered!

KarinaT20
Virginia
“BEST VACATION EVER!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My sister and I spent a week in Guanacaste / Tamarindo during Semana Santa (Holy week), 4 days at the Pura Vida house and 3 days with our mom at the Westin Resort in Conchal Beach. We travel a lot during the year and this has been, by far, the best vacation we have ever had. From the moment we arrived everyone at the Pura Vida house was extremely welcoming, super friendly and catered to our every whim. The entire trip was filled from day one with incredibly fun activities such as: tennis, hiking, running, horseback riding, canopy / zip lining tours at Arenal Volcano, surfing, beach tennis and so much more!! The accommodations are wonderful (comfortable, spacious, plenty of room for a large group or just a couple) and the food is heavenly!
I would highly recommend this destination for families with kids or teens, couples, friends, athletes looking to take a vacation but still stay healthy and fit, people traveling solo, etc.
Thank you Jorge and everyone at Sports for Nature for making this trip possible and for making it the best one ever! This is a destination we are definitely going to continue traveling to for many years to come.

David L
Washington, Virginia
“Wow. They did everything!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I went to Guanacaste to look at Costa Rican real estate to possibly buy. Jorge picked my family and I up (we arrived on different flights within about an hour), and before we knew it we were on our way to play some tennis at one of the resorts. That evening, on the way to Pura Vida house, we stopped at local restaurant for dinner. Simple. Good. Fresh. Every morning, we awoke to howler monkeys, freshly squeezed OJ, a nice home cooked breakfast, a hike, tennis, the beach, or something else fun. Jorge arranged about 5 days to meet realtors and look at properties. He drove and provided gasoline for the car. It was a first rate trip. A little more about the house is below:

We stayed at Pura Vida house. It's a great place to get comfortable and relax. It's offset from the crazy tourism of Tamirindo, but really easily accessible. There is plenty of shade, the porch is delightful, the views of the hills all around the house are beautiful, and the owners are very warm. The housekeeper came just about every day. She'll do your laundry if you like, and she makes a delicious breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice daily. I totally recommend staying at Pura Vida.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing