“Good food & Service”

La Laguna Beach Front Dining and Bar
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the main road to down town Tamarindo, La Laguna has a beautiful setting in front of the ocean in a garden full of nature, perfect for sunsets and dinners under the stars, ideal for couples, families and friends.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

It was located on the beach...the food was good and the service was good. Would go back

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The restaurant was outside in the sand on the beach. Aatmosphere good. Food not bad. Owners and servers pleasant. What I liked most was the crabs crawling around under foot up from the beach...... Awesome experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I were recently married at La Laguna. We had been to Tamarindo and visited several other venues scoping out a site for our wedding. We did not get the chance to see La Laguna our first time there. We booked the restaurant and venue site unseen, hoping for the best. It totally worked out.

Alicia, the owner and special events coordinator was great to work with. Her emails were prompt and thorough. There were a few things I was hesitant about, but all of my concerns were addressed upon arrival a few days before the wedding. Prior to finding La Laguna I had hired a wedding planner from Tamarindo, Alicia was fully willing to work with them. You don't need to use an offsite coordinator but if you have one it is fine.

From start to finish everything was great! We booked the suite at La Laguna del Cocodrillo so we would have a room to get ready. The only problem with this was that there was not a mirror in the main room. It had a great balcony which looked out over the venue.

Initially we planned on holding the ceremony out on the beach (Tamarindo) but we ending up holding it right in the garden in front of the restaurant. The beautiful fuchsia bougainvilleas were a great backdrop for the ceremony. It was important for us to be able to Skype the ceremony to family at home and this was doable from the garden via their free wireless!

The space was setup perfectly for our group of 50. The soft lighting, palm trees and ambiance all created an absolutely perfect tropical celebration. The covered bar area worked really well, and even when we moved our party out to the beach, the bar staff followed with a cooler of beer and wine. They had setup paper luminaries to lead the way which looked fantastic.

We had a Costa Rican BBQ buffet for dinner which everyone enjoyed. They also could have done a plated meal. We only had one small issue with the shrimp, but otherwise everything was great. Good variety and I think everyone was full!

The bar staff were a lot of fun and patient with our rowdy crowd! All in all our wedding was excellent! Without Alicia's assistance it would not have been a success. Even with a broken bone in her foot she worked her tail off and helped us have the time of our lives!

If anyone would like more specific details or if you have any questions please message me.

Leslie & Paul
(I will try to post a couple more photos later)

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We had our wedding at La Laguna in February and it was absoultly perfect! Alicia was exteremly helpful and accomodating. The other staff members were very nice as well. Her resturant is beautiful and the view was spectacular. The food was wonderful. We had seabass, chicken and steak dish all of which got rave reviews from everyone. The fruit punch drink that she served us was amazing. All of our guests had a wonderful time. I can't say enough about the resturant. Go check it out!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

5 of us ate there recently (March 2012) and I would give it 4.8 out of 5!! The 4 other members had some type of seafood and they LOVED it!! Cerviche was out of this world, tuna was perfect, Red snapper a dream!! Me on the other hand had a Tbone steak and it was fine, nothing to complain about, it was just fine! Not a bad thing, but not something I would write home about. But everyone else was VERY happy with their meals and they said they would be more than happy to return!! The waiter, which I believe is 1 of the owners is a very nice chap, very polite and courteous and made 1 feel welcome. The setting is outside and has a very unique feel to it. We rather enjoyed ourselves! Prices were quite reasonable as well.