Hotel Entre Dos Aguas
Hotel Samara Inn(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$81
$66
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Belvedere - Playa Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$70
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Sol Samara(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Flying Crocodile(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
Hotel Samara Pacific Lodge(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$80
Great 4.5/5
Rancho De La Playa(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$43
$120
Great 4.5/5
Lodge Las Ranas(Playa Samara)
$110
Excellent 5/5
$139
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
Hotel Giada(Playa Samara)(Great Value!)
$72
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewsother guestsoutdoor kitchenstone showerlaid backlovely quiet locationcosta ricarelaxing oasistrue oasiseasy minute walkown mealsin townswimming pool isbend over backwardsthe main dragshared kitchensurrounded by lushsecond home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I spent almost a month in Samara and stayed at Entre Dos Aguas for the duration of my stay. In my opinion Entre Dos Aguas is one of the better places to stay in Samara. If you are looking for privacy, safety and a peaceful atmosphere this place has it. If you are noise sensitive you won't be bothered by discos or Samara's night life. Set back in the jungle Entre Dos Aguas sits at the beginning of Samara but is just a few minutes walk to town and the beach. The rooms are clean, have ceiling fans, a safe, private bathrooms and hot showers. The owners Brandon and Lilah are very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about Samara and the surrounding areas. One of them is always available. They run a very efficient and customer service orientated business! They have thought of little important things such as having a fridge of cold beers, snacks, and non alcoholic beverage available for their guests, a small library and informational center. The pool is lovely. The ambiance is great. This place was definitely a highlight of my trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2008

This B&B was one of the memorable stays of our trip and the hosts were very helpful. Not only was the hotel reasonable in price it also included a wonderful breakfast & a safe place to park our rented 4x4. I loved the turtle tiled design at the bottom of the pool which was also very relaxing to lounge around when we were not walking along the expansive beach just 5 minutes away. We also enjoyed a morning of zip lining. When we needed to have a shower there was always hot water in the wonderfully designed rock/tile shower bathrooms. The bed was comfortable & we had a great sleep since there was no noise. I couldn't stop taking lots of pictures of the hotel & beautiful garden including the butterflies. My partner & I could read in the expansive shaded patio which was welcomed in the heat of the day. I left my camera battery charger in the hotel room & the hosts mailed it back to me as quickly as they could. This gesture made us feel very lucky to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayakinggirl
Reviewed May 15, 2008

One of the best vacations we've ever had began at Entre Dos Aguas in Samara, Costa Rica.

After we'd left Entre Dos Aguas, and went inland to more remote, pricey hotels/resorts, we really wanted to turn around and go back to Samara and finish out our vacation there.

From the people, the location, the great amenities and the excellent service (and tremendous value) -- you really couldn't ask for more from a hotel.

The proprietors, Brandon and Lilah Park, know the area, the residents and neighbors and can recommend day trips, restaurants, and great hikes -- or they can offer you a book, a towel and a boogie-board to go to the beach with, only a couple blocks away. Lilah is fluent in Spanish and can help guests with any communication they need. The hotel arranges airport pickup and shuttle to/from the hotel if you request it -- we recommend asking the hotel for a shuttle if you plan to arrive at the airport in the evening.

The breakfast meal was individually prepared in the hotel kitchen and served to guests seated in the open courtyard, and featured excellent Costa Rican coffee, fresh fruit, eggs, toast and other specialties cooked to a guest's specification. The relaxed atmosphere allowed us to get our day-plans together and enjoy a sumptuous meal to start the day. Owner Brandon Park makes his own Tobasco sauce from the pepper trees on their acreage, which, when applied to breakfast, adds eye-opening zip to the day.

At the end of the day, guests tend to gather in the courtyard, by the pool or in the landscaped, terraced garden, or at the tables in the restaurant area to enjoy a beverage, chat and talk about the sights, events and fun of the day.

The rooms are clean, custom-crafted and provide cool rest after a long day's travels in and around Samara/Costa Rica.

Again, like other guests who've stayed at the hotel, we give it five stars. And, after staying there and traveling through Costa Rica for three weeks, we felt it was the best hotel with the most outstanding, affordable service, rooms and amenities that we found in the country.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoDucks1
Reviewed May 6, 2008

This hotel was exactly as advertised, which was a pleasant surprise for me considering I have had too many stays at places that never live up to their glowing reviews, or the pictures on their websites. The rooms were actually nicer than I expected, leaving me with no complaints to speak of. The location is just a few steps away from the main strip, but secluded enough to ensure a thoroughly relaxing experience. I also particularly enjoyed the atmosphere, which allowed for as much or as little interaction with fellow guests or staff as I desired. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed with our two kids and friends who also had two kids. The grounds, though small are nicely planted and well removed from the relative hustle and bustle of the town. The rooms are very basic - two beds, book shelf, standing closet. Bathrooms are fine - some ants but that is to be expected. We were there when it was quite hot and wished the hotel had A/C for sleeping. The patio is indeed a nice place to hang out and nurse sunburns and catch up on reading. The pool is clean and a very nice feature. We really enjoyed using it. Overall, it was a good value.

Our only complaint - or observation - was that the owners seemed not to recognize that they were in the "hospitality" industry. I appreciate giving guests distance, but there seemed to be a total lack of interest and almost indifference to their guests. Not just us, but the others as well. No smiles or "good mornings" just silence. At times it felt a little uncomfortable. It was a striking contrast to other places we stayed where the owners were more outgoing and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family