“Homey, clean and well located!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
La Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 33 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
“Homey, clean and well located!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a night at this place and I had a great time. I asked for a small room to cut the costs and was given a really nice room, with bathroom shared with Pam, the awesome manager. Everything was clean and I felt very welcomed and very much at home (far away from home). Pam is a great host, fun to talk to and considerate, and she makes a huge breakfast which is included in the price. I was recommended of this place and I am passing it forward. The only thing to take into consideration is the parrot from the hour next door which is amusing but could be loud at times. Thanks Pam!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AsafosTG

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Clean, comfortable and welcoming. Only a block from the beach. Pam is an excellent host and she gave us much appreciated local advice. As a former restauranteur, she prepares elegant and tasty breakfasts with plenty of local fruit. The upstairs roofed patio is spacious; hammocks + furniture are comfortable and with great views of the iguanas in the 'almendro del mar' trees. La Mansion is a real find, not luxurious in cost, but truly luxurious in ambiance.

Room Tip: The upstairs room that opens out to the roofed patio w/private bath was our favorite. But all rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buck S
zach j, Manager at La Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 22, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review Buck! I didn't get a chance to meet you and your wife but my Mom said you were terrific guests. She really enjoyed getting to know the both of you. Please come visit again!
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We ended up staying in the small, amazing little town on Samara for a little less than a week. La Mansion was the perfect way to end our trip. It is a short walk right down to the beach and into town, and just isolated enough to stay out of any loudness you might experience from any of the bars or restaurants. The accommodations were very comfortable, affordable ($35 in May for our room) and relaxing. Breakfast was served every morning at the time of your choosing - and I must say that it was extremely delicious. Pam and her son, Zach, made us everything from french toast to eggs, potatoes, and fruit. They were extremely kind and helped us out and accommodated us in any way we needed. We are now grateful to call them both friends. Needless to say, if we ever come back to Samara we will certainly be staying at La Mansion for our next visit!

Room Tip: Some rooms are different prices - just ask them. You can also add a/c to them for an additional cost...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor C
zach j, Manager at La Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 23, 2014
Thank you for the great review Trevor! We really enjoyed having you and Kate stay here with us. Having amazing guests like you two are what make this job so rewarding - our door is always open to you.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2014

La Mansion is a place I would recommend to anyone. Its charming, simple, welcoming and clean. The rooms are spacious and neat, the court yard beautiful and exotic with many different island plants and flowers. The new proprietors, Pamela and Zach are the kindest people, they are cordial, hospitable and go out of their way to see that your experience there is more than you expected, always making sure that you are as comfortable as possible. Also the distance to the beach, super market, resturants, bars and main street is hardly a 5 minute walk. Its in a perfect location on a peacefully quiet street. The breakfast and food served tops the entire Costa Rican experience with freshly made delicious Costan Rican coffee every morning, with a wide variety of juicey fresh tropical fruit! La Mansion provided the perfect home away from home comfort that most hotels fail to have, the day I arrived back in the states I looked up flights back, and contacted La Mansion to make another reservation.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank ClairePeare
Thank you Claire, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! It was great to get to know both you and Stacey and we hope you come to visit again soon.
nuremberg
Reviewed May 27, 2014

we stayed in this place with our 13 month old baby and has a really good time. the owner, and elder woman is friendly and offers a fantastic breakfast every morning. the garden is beautiful for a sit in. you walk about 5 minutes to the beach. the rooms are spacious and clean. she made a good price because we couldn´t afford the high price season during semana santa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oxnard, CA
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This absolutely made our trip to Costa Rica. I was traveling to attend Intercultura language school, my husband came along to surf and my mother joined us. La Mansiòn was the perfect fit for us. It is not a fancy hotel ( which I love), it is a home. Wonderful location right in town, less than 10 minutes walk down the beach form the school, safe secure parking for our rental-car and surf board and a great value. The price varies a bit as do the rooms. We enjoyed the large room, up the rather precarious stairs directly off the veranda and paid extra for air-conditioning . most of the rooms have private baths, the shared baths are less. my mom had a room downstairs. She enjoyed reading in the jungle garden. She had the pleasure of reading 2 books and meeting the authors, one of which was Marlene. The breakfast is fresh cooked to your liking every morning and the times are flexible. We were there 3 weeks and I cried buckets when I left.
Marlene, the proprietor, is one of the most positive people I have ever encountered.. It is a treat to have breakfast with her daily and every day I grew to like her more.he other travelers were a pleasure to get to know.
The front garden is home to a lazy cat and the neighbors dog is a regular visitor and became our companion in the evenings. One day we were entertained by a family of monkeys.
I hesitate a bit to even write this review and keep this little secret to myself, but Samara is a bit more difficult to get to than other spots in Costa Rica and tripadvisor has been very good to me.

Room Tip: Get the a/c in the dry season. Samara is hot. The breakfast is fabulous!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family