“meat eater review - i liked it”
Review of Luv Burger

Luv Burger
Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

i love bacon and probably should have tried the coconut bacon cheeseburger. But i got waylaid by the tacos. As carnivore as i am (and anyone following my normal posts and this trip know that i have been eating a lot of meat!) i liked it. i spent two years as a strict vegan frugivore and i never found very satisfactory vegetable or fruit substitutes for charred animal flesh, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup (vegan?) and genetically modified soy. Our carnivorous society puts demands on vegan ingredients that are based on expectations set by a food culture that is out of control. So... I LOVE any restaurant that serves yucca. I ALWAYS order yucca when i see it on the menu but while i really liked Luv's special ketchup, i would suggest they consider a green or chimmichurri type dipping sauce. I enjoyed my daughters luv burger though she did not enjoy the 'mayo' so for the lighthearted hold the sauce. i had the tacos and a) i liked them and i am a taco girl, b) i thought they were too stuffed (though i appreciate LB trying to balance portion size and price) - too much food. I did not finish and was not overly hungry at dinner. I would suggest deconstructed tacos because the gluten free tortillas, which i really liked, do what gluten free things do.... They don't stick together. So i had to ask for a fork. but that was mostly because too much was asked of these tortillas. I am a believer in sustainability and i like this place. But i think everyone needs to set aside the model of the meat eating gmo model and just be with the healthy amazing food on our plates. I thought the prices were fine contrary to other reviewers. It wasxone of the lesser expensive places i enjoyed in samara

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Delicious and healthy food. Lots of choices. Location is behind Princesa Bakery at the main intersection of town. I will be back!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Food was gross. Burger was super dry and the ice cream was simply disgusting! Of course way too expensive

1  Thank Clemens S
LuvBurger, Owner at Luv Burger, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

We apologize for the poor quality you received and hope to do better next time you visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

First off I really appreciate this place for making an effort to serve vegan food that is good. The animal kingdom appreciates it!

I do have to give an average rating however as mostly every-time I've ate here I've either walked away still hungry or left spending a ridiculous amount of money (sometimes both...which should NEVER happen at a restaurant)

I mean...people go to restaurants to get filled or get a meal at a reasonable price.

For example - Me and my girlfriend got 2 speciality burgers, a shared salad and side of yuca fries with drinks and our bill came to $46!! Yes $46! The day before I spent $12 on myself (once again the burger and fries) and I wasn't even full! I love the people running this place, but was not satisfied from the customer standpoint.

NOTE TO THE OWNERS....PLEASE give bigger portions or lower the prices so I don't have to walk around town after spending $12 on a meal...to find more food. That's not cool...especially for people on budgets. Thank you!

Our prices are relative to the ingredients we use: Organic Kale and vegetables, Mushrooms, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil etc. We had decided that we would rather charge a little more for our food and use the best quality ingredients that we can source, than to offer food with poor ingredients at a cheaper price. I think overall it's a better decision as primarily the restaurant is here to give people healthy meal options. We have also recently increased the portion sizes on many of our dishes.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We popped in to check it out & met with one of the owners, but the restaurant was closed the next time we went back to eat there, so we'll have to try it next time. We were sad to miss out, as it sounded great, with some really interesting healthy food and smoothie options!