“Knowledgeable and fun staff, interesting tours”

Costa Rica Monkey Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$799.00*
and up
Essential Costa Rica: 8-Day Tour
Ranked #3 of 28 Tours in Playa Samara
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Monkey Tours is dedicated to provide the visitor of Costa Rica an experience. An authentic experience of Costa Rica Traditions, its roots and the vast wild life. We have over a decade of experience organizing Tours, expeditions and adventures.We guarantee to our clients to organize activities to fully license and registered locations with the highest safety rules and regulations. Let us work on your visit so you can simply kick back and enjoy from location to location transportation on our private shuttles to the most beautiful locations with the most magnificent views and adrenaline filled activities.
Victoria, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and fun staff, interesting tours”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I asked a lot of questions before going on the 3 tours I went on with Monkey Tours to make sure I could do the tours and wouldn't slow the group down too much, and the staff were quick to put me at ease with their obvious knowledge and passion for their tours. They were honest about which tours would work for me (and why), based on my conversations with them, and which ones were best left alone (and why). They weren't trying to sell me on their tours, they were trying to ensure I had a wonderful experience at whichever tours I chose to go on, and I really appreciated that!! After going on the 3 tours (Rincon, Palo Verde, and snorkelling at Chora), I can say that they knew exactly what they were talking about, and I had a fantastic time with the wonderful tour guide and driver, as well as the rest of the people on my tours (all guests of Hotel Villas Playa Samara - which I also highly recommend staying at!!) - this is very important when you think about spending, in some cases, an entire day or more on a tour! I always felt safe and secure in Monkey Tours' hands, which was important to me as I was travelling alone. Their vans are also very comfortable!! Prices were fair and payment was easy upon checkout at the resort. Highly recommended!!!

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Waterwings74
TATW-11, Manager at Costa Rica Monkey Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We are happy you had a great time! Thank you very much for recommending the CRMT team and one of our afiliate friends at hotel Villas Playa Samara as well as for the nice comments on the tours. We are glad we were able to answer you concerns and that you enjoyed the tours we recommended you. We hope to have you amongst us again soon.

Best regards from the Costa Rica Monkey Tours team!

Tempe, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Costa Rica Monkey Tours - Awesome adventure”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great tour operator!
The package includes hotel stays for seven nights at four different resort areas, transportation and admission to the best attractions in Guanacaste, breakfasts and some lunches, and a knowledgeable bilingual guide (Alberto), who helped us get the most out of our visit.
Their regular price is a great deal but we booked a deal through a Groupon promotion which was a steal!
We traveled in September 2012 and we a little concerned about the major earthquake which occurred six days before our departure. Communications were disrupted by the quake but we were notified that our tour would still depart, although damage would close the Hotel Villas Playa Samara and we would stay at the Hotel Samara Beach. Although it is a smaller and less opulent resort it was clean and comfortable and located in town close to a lot of restaurants.
This is an adventure based tour with zip lining, rappelling, rock climbing, horseback riding, white water tubing, jungle hikes to waterfalls and the cloud forest and jungle river boat tour. We had the experience of seeing wild monkeys, macaws, crocodiles and jungle cats. It was a very active adventure and we enjoyed it very much.
We enjoyed Costa Rica and wish them the best in their recovery from the earthquake.
I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited September 2012
8 Thank dappbo
Thank you for your stay with us for the Adventure Expedition package, for the nice recommendation of our tour, and for your good wishes for the recovery of the earthquake! We are up and running and offering all our tours and once more this year the Adventure Expedition tour weekly. We are very happy you had a good time with us and hope you will join us once more and be able to stay at the Villas Playa Samara hotel this time.

Best regards from the Costa Rica Monkey Tours team!