“Good hotel but bad time of year to stay there.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Giada

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Giada
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good hotel but bad time of year to stay there.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed there from December 29th to December 31st. When we first arrived we were pleased to see we were in the middle of town and a couple of blocks from the ocean. Restaurants, bars, bakery, stores were all around us. Unfortunately, the fair was in town and was right next door. The music played extremely loudly from about 5 pm until midnight each night, and extremely loud fireworks went off that set off car alarms. None of that is the fault of the hotel, but just keep these dates in mind and if you want to stay in Playa Samara during this time another year, pick a hotel further away from the main street. The beds and pillows were not that comfortable and the bathrooms were very small with no surface to lay things on. We had a balcony that faced one of the pools and the restaurant downstairs. We liked Gusto Creativo and Esmerelda for restaurants and Las Brasas for upstairs bar area for people watching. We did the stand up paddle and kayak/snorkeling trips with skytours and highly recommend both.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daisy59
hotelgiada, Gerente at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
We were glad to have you as guests here at Hotel Giada. On the fair this was the first time that it was across the street from the hotel and Hotel Giada and other hotels in Samara are taking steps to move the fair back to where had it or to move it outside of town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

We wanted to go to Samara to check out the migration of the Pacific turtles and found this hotel on the internet. My husband was unsure about booking it on-line so we stopped to see if we liked it. It was easy to find from the main highway and it appeared clean and accessible. The staff at the front desk was very professional and anticipated all of our questions and assisted us in securing a tour to see the Ridley turtle lay their eggs. The low-season rates were still in effect for November so for 60 dollars a night, including breakfast, we decided to stay two nights. The hotel had two swimming pools with balconies and porches, air conditioning, fans, and cable television. Everything worked well and the room was comfortable. The hotel's restaurant specialized in pizza and pasta at reasonable prices and was busy much of the time. The breakfast included four choices, all of which were ample and tasty. We were glad to have found La Giada and plan to stay there again when we return to Samara.

Room Tip: The bottom floors have direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbymmclaughlin
Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We checked in at the end of the morning and we entered in a restaurant / pizzeria ! Across the reception was a very small swimmingpool! We were offered a room above the restaurant which turned out to be perfect! Very soundproof sliding doors, perfect airco and cabletv and Wifi in the rooms!
There was a second swimmingpool in the very well kept backyard.
So our first impression was completely wrong!!
After a breakfast we left with a very good feeling about this place!

• Stayed November 2011
Boca Raton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for one night and enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious, with a big bathroom and hot water shower (not a suicide shower). The restaurant was also good. The location is convenient- close to a good bakery, bus stop, and laundry, and only a short walk to the beach. A little pricy for the area, but worth it for the comforts.

Room Tip: room with a pool view is nice
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

A short walk to playa samara. Hotel was clean and vibrant. Though no hot water and was just lovely. The accommodations were excellent, but I would not recommend the restaurant for dinner or lunch.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed for 7 days at Giada during May 2011. This being the first stay in Samara, we weren't sure what to expect of the accommodations in the area. Giada has 2 pools (1 which seems to be more of a decor for the restaurant), air conditioning that won't disappoint you on the hot days, and is in a great location. Additionally, the adjoining restaurant had awesome food, and the service was pretty darn exceptional. On our 7th night, we received a call from the front desk... they were actually asking if they could treat us to a free dinner! We gladly accepted and had a yummy dinner and a couple drinks!

Thanks to the staff at Giada for an awesome stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

After staying at Tico Adventure Lodge for 4 nights, this seemed like a palace. Although Tico Adventure Lodge was cool, the bed there was AWFUL.....(I will do a separate review for TAL), so I was thrilled to be able to sleep without waking up 5000 times in the middle of the night. The staff was always friendly and greeted me everytime I walked through the lobby. (Maybe they read the previous reviews and are trying to improve this area, because I seriously didn't notice any rudeness whatsoever...oh, wait a minute...just one sort of rude person. I asked for one more towel for my room and instead of saying sure thing, she argued with me that since I was only one person in the room, I should only get one large towel and one hand towel. I had to make an argument for this until she finally gave in. I originally had four towels, but after I asked to have my towels changed I only found these two, so therefore I asked for more. I followed her to the room where the towels are stored and there were plenty of towels for her to give away. So in that instance I was a bit taken aback...but all in all it was a nice experience. There are actually two pools here, with the second pool surrounded by a nice grassy area with chaise lounges and chairs. The bar is right there, so if you want a drink to take to the pool it just makes it even nicer. I did not see any ants in my room at all, unlike Tico Adventure Lodge. My room overlooked the street, and I was told that because of that, the the sliding glass doors were extra thick glass to keep the sound out, and they were great. My room was super quiet. I slept like a baby each night. Also the rate is lower if you pay cash, so keep that in mind. the food at the restaurant was delicious and I really did not think that dinner for two with appetizer and wine included for $25 was not outrageous at all. This place would be even better if they had refrigerators in the room. The location was great, the staff friendly, food good and rooms comfortable. If you want a massage, Samara Massage is a five minute walk and for $40 a bargain no matter where you live. Also, check out Olga y Carlos, artisans who make incredible jewelry. I found an incredible shell on the beach and I took it to them and they made me a beautiful necklace which I will treasure forever.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo