“Great Thai Food in Samara”
Review of KaiBella - CLOSED

KaiBella
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, Flavorful Food Cooked from the Heart, tropisch-thailändische-Fusion-Küche
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Thai food is wonderfully fresh and delicious, and Kaibella reallly excels at doing both well. Plus their presentation is probably the best we´ve seen at any thai restaurant, including a delightfully fresh salad and edible flower with their various curry dishes. We found serving sizes to be generous and the staff were very pleasant. The couple that recommended the restaurant to us said to expect a bit of a wait because everything is prepared fresh, and we certainly found it well worth any little extra time. It was a great find and a very pleasant surprise in the beach village of Samara - a real must.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food is plentiful -- we way overordered. It was a nice little place with friendly service inside a courtyard. Each dish came with a salad -- including the appetizers!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a vegan it is difficult to find a nice healthy variety of food (to break the monotony) in Playa Samara. However, I am never let down by the fresh, healthy, attention to detail given to each order I place at Kaibella. For over a year and a half I have never been let down by the menu selection, quality of food, portions, and freshness of each dish. My five year LOVES the salads along with the spring rolls, chicken, and rice. My favorite is the bean burger, salad, and veggie spring rolls.

You will also enjoy the dining environment, service, along with the mouth watering meals.

1  Thank Sonya T
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Kai Bella in late February. The only reason I gave this two stars instead of one is because the food is actually quite good. There just isn't much of it. The spring rolls were really tremendous with the blackish looking sauce they serve with it. There were six of them and they were each about the size of my thumb. My husband and I eat a lot of Thai food and even in Costa Rica we have noticed that an order of Pad Thai is always enough for two people. Not here! Our Pad Thai, while it had an authentic flavor, was mostly bean sprouts. I think they ran out of noodles. My husband and I woofed it down as we were famished after waiting for over an hour for our order. But that is pretty typical in good Thai restaurants. So, our bill comes and we try to pay with our card. The server said "no". I was a little irritated as it was the end of the day so my husband had to walk to the ATM. While he was gone, I made a suggestion to the server that they put up a sign or something. She said there was a sign up. I looked around... no sign. I asked another server and she said there wasn't a sign. It does mention in the menu that credit cards are accepted with a service fee but that wasn't offered to us. I probably would have rather paid the service fee than the ATM fee for the convenience. I also did not enjoy the chairs. Cheap metal and hot, sticky legs waiting for an hour for your food to arrive is no bueno. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to giving this place another shot if we return to Samara now that I know what to expect and just order like 5 orders of spring rolls.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Started with steamed pork dumplings and spring rolls...very delicious and fresh. Appetizers come with a small salad which was also very fresh colourful and tasty. Our main courses were green curry chicken and masalas with beef. Both dishes were perfectly prepared, presented and tasted wonderful. The main courses come with another small salad which is not necessary. The portions were large, more than we could finish. The staff were very nice and service was excellent. We did not experience the lengthy waits others complained about. My wife and I each had time for a beer and to take in the ambiance before our food came. Excellent value, we had 3 beer, 2 large appetizers and 2 large main courses total was approximately $50. Thank you Kaibella!