“Good food and a fun ambience”

Coco's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, MA
“Good food and a fun ambience”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We actually ate at Coco's twice. Loved the quesadillas and the fish tacos. And the brownie with cinnamon and hot pepper and vanilla ice cream :-) Very good TexMex food, fun decor and open-air seating, and a convenient location right in the middle of town.

Visited March 2014

Nicoya, Costa Rica
“In the center of town”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good service and good food. If you are looking for Tex-Mex as well as Mexican food this would be a good choice.

West Virginia
“Never Again”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

On a particularly slow night it took 25 minutes for the waiters to come by and get my order. After they did it was another 30 minutes before I received my appetizer and another 40 minutes after that when my actual meal arrived.
I ordered chicken enchiladas with beans and rice. The beans weren't cooked, the rice was crunchy and the enchiladas were baked and stuck to the plate. In the end I ate the one enchilada that was on top of the others and wasn't stuck.
I drank two ice teas while waiting on my food and instead of being courteous and charging me for one I was charged for two on account of them taking forever, plus a meal I couldn't even eat.
In my opinion I'd just as soon go to a Taco Bell and receive better food and service than what I got from that restaurant.
I will never go back there again.

1 Thank Charissa W
toronto
“a great place to hang out”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

While it is not on the beach this is a great place to hang out, with good Mexican food and drinks. A bit of a sports bar but not overwhelmingly so.

Vancouver, Canada
“Mexican with a Tico Twist”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Coco's fish tacos were excellent and the portions generous enough that we shared a plate between two. Tacos were fresh but unfortunately they put ketchup in the salsa, rendering it inedible. They were apologetic and open to our strong suggestion of how to make 'real' salsa. Loved the cerviche! Overall the food was very good but watch out for two-for-one drink deals as they are expensive and the lime in the margaritas was not fresh squeezed (yes, I'm fussy). Lively atmosphere and good service just up the road from the beach in Samara. Dinner for two cost approximately 25000 Colones with one drink each and shared main.