“YUM YUM YUM”

Lo Que Hay
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lo Que Hay (It Is What It Is) is a lively beachside bar, serving tapas, tacos, nachos, and more. We've got delicious food, excellent views, and live music twice a week. Add in our extensive cocktail menu, ice-cold beer, and super staff, and we bet you'll feel right at home here. Bienvenidos!
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Breakfast tacos - to die for!! Super yummy food - we ate here 3 times and were not disappointed once. Can't beat the atmosphere - right on the sand, with beautiful Playa Samara steps away. The drinks are delicious and the food is, too. Outstanding! The waiters spoke English, too, which was nice for us.

1  Thank Kate F

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I really like this place! I lived in Samara for around a month and went here several times. The tacos are excellent and great value. They also do a taco & beer special on Tuesdays that's worth stopping by for.

I'll definitely go again next time I'm around.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chilled relax vibe on the beach. Friendly waitstaff and good food ~ the nachos are the best in town! Board games and special events on specific days like poker on Tuesdays. Always a friendly crowd of local ex-pats at LQH sharing fun stories and laughs.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

we stayed in samara for a month and ate here several times - beach front location with view was wonderful - breakfast tacos are delicious, fish nachos are superb + - had to go there for my last samara meal, all staff super friendly, margaritas are the best.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My 3rd trip to Samara and laziness on my part for not reviewing earlier.
My first trip was in June 2013. I came based on a TA review of taco Tuesday.
We arrived on a Tuesday evening, chose to go there for dinner.
We had the Chorizo tacos with very cold beer, and grilled avocados. So good.great sevice and friendly faces.
The Tv was on at the bar with fotbol (soccer) and a few people were around watching it.
The service was friendly and attentive.

Sept/ Oct 2013
I was fortunate to be in Samara for 2 months. I was traveling on my own. Based on my previous experiences here I came back my first morning for coffee and sunrise tacos. So good, and incredible relaxing view. The coffee was hot. I spent a couple of hours with my breakfast coffee and book.
Over the next 7 weeks I went almost daily, for a refreshing drink, amazing lemonade, cold beers.
I have had everything on the menu. I love the taco here.
There is a mix of tourist, expats, and ticos. Stop and introduce yourself! I met many wonderful people here.
I am back again and the food and service are terrific still. Back to see my friends locals and expats.
Stop in, you will be gad you did.