“Nachos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lo Que Hay

Lo Que Hay
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Spanish, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lo Que Hay (It Is What It Is) is a lively beachside bar, serving tapas, tacos, nachos, and more. We've got delicious food, excellent views, and live music twice a week. Add in our extensive cocktail menu, ice-cold beer, and super staff, and we bet you'll feel right at home here. Bienvenidos!
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
“Nachos!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chilled relax vibe on the beach. Friendly waitstaff and good food ~ the nachos are the best in town! Board games and special events on specific days like poker on Tuesdays. Always a friendly crowd of local ex-pats at LQH sharing fun stories and laughs.

• Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
port huron, michigan
“simple but awesome”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

we stayed in samara for a month and ate here several times - beach front location with view was wonderful - breakfast tacos are delicious, fish nachos are superb + - had to go there for my last samara meal, all staff super friendly, margaritas are the best.

• Visited February 2014
Belleville, Canada
“Great food, great time, great people, great view”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My 3rd trip to Samara and laziness on my part for not reviewing earlier.
My first trip was in June 2013. I came based on a TA review of taco Tuesday.
We arrived on a Tuesday evening, chose to go there for dinner.
We had the Chorizo tacos with very cold beer, and grilled avocados. So good.great sevice and friendly faces.
The Tv was on at the bar with fotbol (soccer) and a few people were around watching it.
The service was friendly and attentive.

Sept/ Oct 2013
I was fortunate to be in Samara for 2 months. I was traveling on my own. Based on my previous experiences here I came back my first morning for coffee and sunrise tacos. So good, and incredible relaxing view. The coffee was hot. I spent a couple of hours with my breakfast coffee and book.
Over the next 7 weeks I went almost daily, for a refreshing drink, amazing lemonade, cold beers.
I have had everything on the menu. I love the taco here.
There is a mix of tourist, expats, and ticos. Stop and introduce yourself! I met many wonderful people here.
I am back again and the food and service are terrific still. Back to see my friends locals and expats.
Stop in, you will be gad you did.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Decent Lunch Spot”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Shady atmosphere, and you can see the ocean from most seats. Fish tacos were delicious! Nachos were so-so...tasted better than they looked, covered in black bean paste! Chips were thick, crunchy, and still warm. Margaritas were tasty and refreshing and a pretty good bargain for a $20 pitcher, which served 3 people two small glasses a piece.

Visited March 2014
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
“Cold Beer & Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Menu is small but good. Beer is cold and reasonably cheap. Cash Only. Tuesdays there is Texas Holdem' - anyone can play for $10 and Wednesdays is Domino's (cost unknown).

Visited November 2013