“River Kayak Trip”

$39.99*
Samara Trails Including Werner Sauter Biological Reserve
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Playa Samara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialists in customizing your vacation for your specific interests and budget. We can organize all the details of your trip, from your arrival at the airport until the time to say goodbye. We offer activities, hotel reservations, and transportations for almost anywhere in Costa Rica. Let us take care of the bookings and logistics of your trip so that you can relax and enjoy this beautiful country! SAMARA ADVENTURE COMPANY IS A COSTA RICAN FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS ESTABLISHED IN 2004. ALTHOUGH KNOWN AS AN OUTSTANDING TOUR OPERATOR COMPANY HEADQUARTERED IN SAMARA BEACH, IT IS WELL RENOWNED TO PROVIDE DISTINCT TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AS WELL.
Salt Spring Island, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“River Kayak Trip”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the river wildlife & birding kayak trip. My friend and I were picked up at our villa and driven to the river, with all the equipment provided. Roberto was a wonderful guide - extremely knowledgable about the river ecosystem, as well as current Costa Rican environmental issues, and pointed out a wide variety of birds and iguanas. The kayaking was at a relaxed pace, and made for a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

Visited January 2013

Arlington, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful company and kayaking!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We did two tours with this company and had great service each time. We did the Bird and Wildlife River Kayak tour which we LOVED. A highlight of the trip, with Roberto our guide. He loved finding birds for us to see as we paddled easily up the river to the beach. Took a break at a little beach for a drink and some fresh pineapple before paddling back.

We also did the day trip up to Palo Verde and took the boat on the river through the park. This trip was also good, with our guides Alex and Luis. The best part was the boat on the river, where we saw lots of Crocodiles and birds. Overall this tour was good and I am glad we went to be able to see Palo Verde as it is a bit of a drive, but it is more on the "touristy" side, so if you are not into that then you may want to skip this one or go to Palo Verde on your own.

The company itself was great, with prompt and professional service and all our guides were lots of fun and very friendly!

Visited January 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Excellent trip in the sun”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We went for an afternoon of kayaking and snorkelling with our guide Alex out to the island in the bay, what a trip it was too. The kayaking was nice and calm as the bay is well protected and we saw a lot of wildlife whilst snorkelling off the island. Alex even brought up a puffer fish all inflated to look at and touch!! We had water and fruit on the beach before a swim and gentle kayak back. We opted to land a little way from samara town where the kayaks were loaded up and we ambled back down the beach! Lovely afternoon.

1 Thank Moretea
Bridgewater MA
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“I can't say enough good things about this company”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all the staff was amazing. They were kind and this was located directly next to my hotel and the owners were kind enough to let me check my email on my birthday. I had prebooked a stand-up paddle boarding adventure and a sea kayak to Chora Island. Don't expect much on the snorkeling. Costa Rica has poor visibility. Both of these tours were exceptional. I decided to book more adventures with this company. The turtle tour was out of this world. They were so kind since I was traveling alone they contacted me and I was able to experience the turtle tour. The only tour that I wouldn't reccomend that I booked with is horseback riding. I think that is a personal preference though. I went sea kayaking with Kenneth and he was wonderful and stand-up paddleboarding with Fabricio. Both were amazing guys. I highly recommend using this company for your tours in Samara Beach you will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank katlat29
Royal Oak, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Isla Chora Kayak and Snorkel great trip!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I loved our kayak trip out to Isla Chora just off Playa Samara. It was an easy trip to the island and we were the only people out there, very peaceful. We read reviews that snorkeling in Costa Rica isn't too great but we loved being in the water and saw much more than we thought we would, thanks to our knowledgeable and friendly guide, Alex. We didn't bring our camera and Alex took pictures and dropped off a disc at our hotel, so nice and above and beyond what we expected. The fresh fruit he prepared on the island after snorkeling was delicious. Would highly recommend this trip to anyone who likes to kayak and snorkeling was a bonus. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we appreciated all the info he gave and showed us about the area. Thank you Alex!

Visited December 2012