“Really minimal in a nice location.”
Review of Hotel Samara Inn

Hotel Samara Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice location near beach walking distance to center. Mold in the room masked by air freshener. Grooty pool. Sweet breakfast staff- good breakfast offering, sweet people like this make CR a good place to go

Could be better, with so little work. Did I mention the mold? Seems like there are peers in an area that is desirable as opposed to staying downtown.

(there is a great walk in the coastal hills into an unfinished development in the forest past the beach access street. Here past the Gecko hotel , saw Howler Monkeys and plethora of birds)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I should start by saying that we arrived here for La Fortuna and then montezuma where we had stayed in two fabulous resorts. We got here and I almost cried. I had been told by my travel agent not to expect much but this place was a hole. The sheets were see through, the washroom poorly cleaned, the towels thin and dated, the bed had someone elses long black hairs on it. We loved Samara so did our best to spend 99% of our time in town or on the beach. I slept in pants because I wanted as little of my skin to touch the bed as possible :(
Our shower was also a shower/tub combination as the drain was clogged so while showering it often filled or overflowed..creating a bathtub effect. Also the people who brought new towels each day often turned off our AC so we started hiding the remote in the safe to avoid coming home to an overheated room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel Samara Inn is at the end of town...which means it is quiet and relaxing. The walk into town or to the beach is perfect for fit people looking for wonderful stroll. The price was reasonable. The common areas are lovely and comfortable. The pool is beautiful with lights for night swimming and delightful gardens surrounding it. The service was friendly and accommodating. The smells from the kitchen are incredible. A good breakfast was included and very satisfying. The rooms are modern, spacious, clean and air conditioned! We felt very comfortable and welcome. Thank you Samara Inn!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Samara Inn is a lovely, modern place to stay. My daughter and I loved the air conditioned room and pool, the included breakfast, and the open reading room with rocking chairs overlooking a great expanse of undeveloped field. For us, we might have preferred a closer location to the town and beach. We paid $70 per night for a 4 night stay during a slow month (July). Many hotels were under-booked.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I would strongly recommend this small hotel. Great staff, amazing and fresh dinner's won our hearts (best prawns and calamari ever)!!! The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the A/C was greatly appreciated. The free breakfast was a nice touch. A large common area on the second floor with views of the Pacific and the pool was an excellent feature, as well. The location of the Samara Inn is one of the best in town; a 10 minute walk to a great swimming beach (mostly used by locals), less then 5 minutes to a great cafe and grocery store and 15 minutes to Samara Centre. You can also walk to the Centre via the beach about 20-25 minutes. The Samara Info Centre is a great place to get travel advice and Gusto Beach has amazing fish burgers and fruit cocktails right on the beach. Thanks to everyone, we had a fantastic trip. Yev & Valentyna.

Room Tip: The king size bed with A/C is well worth it. If privacy is important, choose the second floor; as i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I thought this place was beautiful and well-equipped, but maybe a little over-priced. The pool was a great feature and one end of it has jets. The room and bathroom were really clean, the bed comfortable, and I was loving the A/C in the middle of the heat of Samara. The breakfast, which is included, was really good. I didn't like the location of it at all though - I wished I had stayed somewhere closer to the center of town where more stuff was going on. I felt a little isolated and in the middle of nowhere. Overall, I would say this was a very good place but a little pricey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel that lived up to its expectations. We had great breakfasts with great coffee, the room was comfortable including the bed and all very clean. The hotel was close to the distant beach that was a real plus and although the hotel is situated in the far end of samara a 10 minutes walk brings you to the centre of town .
Big minuse - they charge an extra payment for beach towels.

• Stayed: March 2013