“Charming beach side spot” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.il-vino-samara.com/ -not informative -narreza
Rochester, New York
“Charming beach side spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

When we saw fresh, homemade pasta at a restaurant on the beach two minutes from our hotel we were hooked. We started with bruchetta and weren't disappointed. We could add extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar which was provided. It was fresh and delicious the basil was there in all it's green and spicy glory. My husband and I had fresh linguine, made that day, our son had a lobster dish. They were all mouth watering. Yes, it was pricey but we were celebrating so we splurged. The price would be the only reason we may not return. The service was excellent but we were there very early and had the place to ourselves and were pampered. Please try Il Vino for wonderful Italian cuisine right on the beach.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great pasta...for a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Order any pasta, you will definitely love it. However you might not love it so much when you see the check. While working in Guanacaste I will eat here on rare occasions if my girlfriend is with me. Great place for couples, but beware...dinner for two will start around $35.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“This would be on my request for my last meal on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The host made our wedding dinner from fresh ingredients collected same day.

the meal turned out stunningly beautiful and everyone still raving about it.

cost was fair for 10 people, he even had a large table made just for our wedding that slips over the pool table so we could all sit at one table.

This is one place I will definitely visit again next year when I visit Samara.

• Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
“Skip It, Nothing to Write Home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Went here for dinner based on good reviews and was fixing for some good wine.

-First, I'd recommend the fish. My husband had the fish plate which comes with an assortment of fresh local fish. The tuna was the highlight. The 2 other types of fish - grilled or in a buttery sauce.
-The bread basket was good. Comes hot with a couple slices of bread.
-I had the pasta of the house with cream and vegetables. It was OK.
-They only had 2 wines to offer...the reason being the heat. It's hard to keep vine in tropical weather was what they told us. Was offered a Montepulciano and another wine that was only available in a 1.5L bottle. Ended up getting a glass which was around $7-8USD (pretty expensive) and I got a meager pour too...which leads me to wonder why call the place Il Vino in the first place?

Final tab was around $60USD for my wine and 2 entrees. Overall, food was ok. Atmosphere was funky. Probably because we went during low season, there weren't any people around. We ended up sitting next to the owner and his wife or family...any way, there was smoking and every other word that came out of her mouth was "p uta" this or that. Plus the quirky 70s Italian disco music...There are other good places to eat in Samara. I wouldn't go back here.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Litteton, Colorado
“Not up to our expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

The food was just average and certainly not one of our better meals in Samara. We were overcharged. The wine was overpriced and the food was just so so.

Visited November 2011