“Loved it even though the service was terrible”
Review of Gusto Beach

Gusto Beach
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gusto Beach Risto Bar Sporting Club. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria and BBQ. Tropical Bar, Wine Bar and Happy Hour. Special Events, Live Music and Party. Sporting Club, Beach Volley, Beach Tennis and SUP. Beach Chairs and Umbrellas. Boutique Gusto Store. Info Corner Angler Stories Ocean Tours.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Loved it even though the service was terrible”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was sick and wasn't able to eat so I don't have much to say about the food. The location, however, was awesome. Super chill vibe. You can eat here during the day or the evening. The service, however, was awful. I was told not to expect American-type service and we were certainly not in a hurry as we were hanging out eating and drinking here but the girl that served us was so out of it. We came back the next night (FREE PIZZA NIGHT!) and we had her again and she seemed to have gotten worse. We actually had to get up more than 3 times to ask for 1. another drink, 2. pizza and 3. the bill. I'm not sure if it was just us or what but it was super annoying. They need to know that we would have ordered and spent more money here if the waitress would have just ASKED. They had live music here too which was really great. I loved the vibe! But I may check out other places next time...

• Turkish first
Scheyern
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great location but expensive”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been at the Beach lounge a couple of times: for breakfast, lunch and dinner and all of it was great and delicious. The location is very nice and cool designed and a great spot during day for relaxing at the Beach or for a sundowner. Good food, good music, good view. But expensive and the stuff isn't that friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Fun, but expensive”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Gusto Beach is really cool and I enjoyed the treehouses and tiki decor. They get what Locanda does well quite wrong tho - the drinks are expensive if not at happy hour, you have to pay for the beds on the beach, and the food is good, just nothing to write home about. The crab salad was actually kind of gross, but the tuna tartar made up for it.

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“great location, great beach lounges, poor service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Initially, we liked it a lot. What a prime spot. Nice Pizza. Good drinks.

With time, you would have thought the staff would have started to smile a little, or at least warm up as much time as we had already spent there. By our third visit, that did not happen. So we went somewhere else. On a future trip, would not likely go back. But maybe, someone else will be working there by then.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost NO service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Love the setting, food is decent, but the service was horrible! We waited so long for anyone to even greet us and give us menus. The food from the kitchen came promptly, but our server was so busy chatting away with staff and completely ignored us. I do not like to ask for my bill and wait 20 minutes. I asked for the bill again, waited 20 more minutes... Had to got to bar to retrieve and pay the bill as my kid was sleeping at the table. Third time here in Sámara, sorry to say that was our last time eating there. Cannot even rate it.