WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Fan-freaking-tastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Samara Palm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Samara Palm Lodge
Ranked #2 of 32 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
“Fan-freaking-tastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Samara Palm Lodge was a wonderful place to stay in Samara. From the beginning, the owners were quick in responding to emails and questions. We felt very welcome and comfortable and truly felt like guests. I had mentioned to the owner when making my reservation (several months prior to the trip) we were there on our honeymoon and they remembered! I know they decorate every bed with flowers and shells for every guest, but I think we got extra special decorations! Also, the owner's daughter asked us if we were the couple on their honeymoon. Very sweet to remember and it added a lot to our stay! The pool was fantastic and very clean. The rooms were very nice and the grounds felt private and safe. One thing I was SLIGHTLY disapointed in the very first day(but quickly got over) was the location and the proximity to the beach. It was a little farther away from the beach then we had stayed before and the road you have to walk is busy with traffic. I would say it took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the beach. But, after staying at Samara Palm Lodge and experiencing the hospitality and friendliness, it really doesn't make a big difference. I won't stay anywhere else during future (hopeful) trips to Samara!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Youwinsome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place is just perfect! I felt like I am in paradise! Bri and Lothar are very friendly. At the check in I have received a map of the local area with recommendations what to do and where to go to eat! The room is very clean and and the attention to detail is amazing. The bed is very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Pool and lounge are very cozy and I loved the hammocks. Breakfast was very delicious, especially the fresh fruit! The "Honesty bar" is a great idea! Drinks were always available and cold! The place is just great, I liked everything the best.... there is nothing I liked least! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Monika R
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Close walk to town, beach, but not on either so there's not a ton of traffic outside. Grocery store and a great German café are within a 3 minute walk too. Owners are friendly and the rooms and grounds are clean and perfect. When relaxing in he gardens by the small pool we can hear the howler monkeys across the road. Private off-road parking too. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is extra but available.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel in the lovely town of Samara.
Although it was my first time in Costa Rica and I was travelling on my own, I immediately felt at ease in the tranquil surroundings of the Palm Lodge. Brigitte and Lothar are very welcoming and have plenty of information on things to do in Samara.
The rooms are spotless and are cleaned thoroughly every day. It is easy to get talking to other people in the shared lounge area and the breakfast is highly recommended.
I spent all 10 days of my time in Costa Rica here and was sad to leave. I'd definitely recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone passing through this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Samara Palm Lodge and I must say we were not disappointed. From my first email to inquire about reservations to the moment we departed, the hosts, Lothar and Brigitte, were very prompt, friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze with Brigitte providing us with a map of the local area and giving us recommendations about where to eat. Our room, #1, was cozy clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the beer in the honor bar was cold! The pool was clean and refreshing. There is a great common area as well as hammocks to lounge in. We loved our stay and had a hard time leaving. We will be back for sure.

1 Thank javanican
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at Samara Palm Lodge. I must say it is one of the nicest boutique hotels we have come across. The attention to detail is amazing. The rooms and pool area are so nice. We had beautiful weather in Samara and it was so relaxing around the deck and pool (which was very refreshing on a hot day)! The computer available to guests was appreciated. The breakfast was delicious and the honesty bar provided cold drinks. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, however we really liked the ground level rooms that open up to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My Husband and I first came across this little gem of a hotel two years ago. Having had a great experience last time, we decided to stay again this February. I'm happy to say that again we weren't disappointed. This hotel is located a short 5 minute walk from Samara beach. The location is perfect as it's close to the beach/town center, yet away from the noise and bustle when you want to just relax and get away from it all. The pool here is very clean and there are plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks, and a covered sitting area when you need to retreat from the Sun. The rooms are very clean and have a comfortable king size bed to sleep in. Local woods and a nature inspired decor compliment the rooms and the hotel itself. The hosts (Lothar and Brigitte) are very friendly and extremely accomodating. They had all sorts of suggestions for where to eat, what to do, etc. They even went so far as to book our next hotel for us when we were leaving Samara for Nosara. There is no doubt we will be staying here again on our next trip down.
Wendy & Kevin Jones

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Samarapalmlodge, Owner at Samara Palm Lodge, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Wendy & Kevin

thank´s for your lovely review on tripadvisor! It was our pleasure to meet you again & we hope to welcome you both´s next year again !! Take care and all the best to you both´s !
saludos de pura vida