“Awesome experience”

Choco's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional, bilingual, local surf instructors. All instructors are certified by the International Surfing Association and are licensed in Ocean Rescue and CPR. Fully Insured. Safe and fun lessons for grommets to grandparents, beginning to advanced. Come and ride the waves with us! Surfboard and Boogie board rentals by hour/day/week/month.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Playa Samara is a great place to learn to surf, and the guys at Choco's are really helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they made it to stand up on a board. I would highly recommend taking surf lessons here.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a really good time at Choco's. Though it was a group lesson and one-on-one time with the instructor is hard to come by, I thought our instructor (Marco) did a great job of teaching us the basics. I would recommend to anyone who is in Sámara to surf. Also, they had a deal that was somewhere along the lines of "4 lessons and 30 days of board rental for $135" which, in my opinion, is a fantastic deal.

All in all, great experience with quality instructors who really love surfing!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a great experience at Choco's. Our 7.5 year old son was up and riding after his 20- minute orientation on the beach. They keep it simple and they're very safety conscientious. If he fell off the board he was only waist deep in water. We returned a few times during our visit to use the board, which is included in the $25 price for kids. This is one of the best places in the world to learn to surf—sandy, shallow, and regular and predictable waves (except at high tide). Choco is a local, loves kids, and it's good to support his shop and the community.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our three kids, ages 7, 8 and 9, all had a blast learning to surf! Choco himself plus another teacher helped our kids get up on their boards right away! This was probably the highlight of the trip for our kids. My husband and I sat back and relaxed, as we could see that the kids were in very good hands. The price was very affordable, and we were able to return the next day and the kids used the boards again free of charge. Thank you, Choco and staff!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Choco and his crew are excellent surfers and instructors: professional, friendly, patient and knowledgeable. Before I knew Choco, I used to go to a different place for vacation every year. I am 3 for 3 for vacations in Samara and Choco's Surf School is the reason!