“Bad attitude!”

Choco's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional, bilingual, local surf instructors. All instructors are certified by the International Surfing Association and are licensed in Ocean Rescue and CPR. Fully Insured. Safe and fun lessons for grommets to grandparents, beginning to advanced. Come and ride the waves with us! Surfboard and Boogie board rentals by hour/day/week/month.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bad attitude!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Plus points - good equipment, great part of the beach, The instructors are fine if you pick it up easily. For those who don't, the instructors seem to think negative comments = encouragement. They don't! After a while they give up on you. Try Jesse's Surf School down the beach.

• Finnish first
north carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Choco's rocks!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Choco's is a great surf school. We had first timers and intermediate surfers on our trip to Samara. Choco and his instructors have the perfect attitude to teach surfing. And when you are ready to take it up a bit, they will push you to the next level.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank cravetravel_37
corolla
“choco's surf school was exactly what i was looking for”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

i went to samara to learn how to surf and choco's was by far the best surf school i could have chosen for that purpose. i was up by the end of the first lesson and i was staying in samara for a week and planned on taking a private lesson every day. marco, my instructor, knew exactly how to take me from one step to the next and was always emphazing safety and letting me progress at my own pace and always offering encouragement. by the end of the end of the week i had accomplished my goal. the only limitations were my 64 year old body parts. if you want a laid back, friendly, knowledgeable group of people to instruct you in your surfing experience go to choco's. they are the best. i'll be back for sure.

Visited March 2011
Saskatoon, Canada
“Chaco's Surf School”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

There were four of us who took a lesson, all of us from the prairie's of canada (3000 km from nearest coast). We all no matter how uncoordinated got up on and road our boards in a number of times. We went surfing every day of our trip after the our lesson. In fact we talked my 53 yr old mother into taking a lesson a few days after ours and she did awesome! The instructors are friendly, knowledgable, fun and professional. I would recomend Chaco over other schools in Samara which i have tried on past trips.

Visited February 2011
Blaine, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do in Playa Samara”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I spent two summers in Samara and would recommend Choco's Surf School to anyone. No matter your surfing ability, their expert instructors can get any one up and surfing! Not to mention that they are the extremely friendly and after my surf lesson I just hung out at the hammocks slung up under the tree. It was an amazing way to spend time at the beach and get to know the locals. Choco's is the only surf school in Samara that is owned by locals. And bonus, after you surf, you get to shower off inside a tree. Who doesn't want that experience? If you are visiting Samara, make sure you surf with Choco's!

Visited July 2010