“Lovely Location and Staff made our family stay wonderful”

Intercultura Costa Rica Spanish Schools
Reviewed January 19, 2017

We went to Samara for the first two weeks of Jan 2017. My two boys (9&7) took immersion Spanish classes. They were in a small class with friendly and fun teacher who used games to engage the boys in learning. They both noted this as their favorite part of the program. We also took advantage of extra cultural engagement by taking cooking classes and art making classes set up by the school for free! My kids loved it and they want to live there now. The staff was super helpful with any question or need we had. This is a top notch school and is run very well. They have it very well organized and fun too. We did a home stay that got us more exposure to Spanish and wonderful cooking. We will very likely go back for a longer stay in the future. Its a very special place.

2  Thank lawnshandis
Lindsay L, Guest Relations Manager at Intercultura Costa Rica Spanish Schools, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

It was such a pleasure having your family in class and around campus. We're so glad the boys enjoyed their classes and hopefully they learned a lot as well! Let us know if you decide to make the move. It's a wonderul place to live (or at least visit a lot)!

All reviews
"jeanette"
"immersive"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Loved the language school. You're tested to see what level you're at and then go to classes with the same teacher each day. Some days we actually went out to the beach to have class. There was food there you could buy, they had computers that you could use, and it walked straight out to the beach.

Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

I studied Spanish at Intercultura Samara for six weeks and I absolutely loved it! Classes four hours per day, delicious empanadas & $5 lunch sold outside of the school every day, a beautiful beach, surf schools, and daily dance class with the wonderful Josue!

The teachers and administrators here are so helpful. They do a great job of teaching in different ways - reading, writing, speaking, listening, watching video clips, listening to songs, and playing games. I started as a beginner and it was definitely intense. After a few weeks it started to click and now I really enjoy speaking Spanish. People actually tell me that I'm good at speaking Spanish, which blows my mind.

There is plenty of fun stuff to do on the weekends like trips to other beaches, waterfalls, or kayaking. There is night life almost every night of the week. Very fun! Salsa night is Thursday and it's the best night of the week!

Some advice - bring a flashlight for walking/biking at night. Bring polyester or performance clothes because it is HOT and you will be sweating a lot. Beach cover ups are perfect! Bring a lot of pens. I only brought two like a bozo.

This place is great you will love it!

Reviewed December 17, 2015

I spent a week at Intercultura (Samara Language School). When I embarked on my journey to Samara many people asked how much Spanish did I expect to learn in one week. Between the quality lessons, company of other students, and a home stay with a Tico family, I left with the ability for basic communications and a strong foundation to continue my studies on my own. When we were on a Spanish-only tour of Monteverde, I was impressed listening to the fluency of the students who were there for several weeks. I hope to return the school for a two-three week visit.

Besides the quality instruction, the staff went beyond expectations accommodating my many unexpected changes in travel arrangements.

I chose the homestay. I highly recommend this option. I couldn't have had better hosts for my stay. The hostess cooked typical Tico meals for breakfast and dinner every day. It was a wonderful way to learn about the culture as well as to get immersed in the language.

The facility and location are outstanding. What more motivation do you need when you can study with the most spectacular view of paradise in front of you? Also, the school offered art and dance classes, and the classic Costa Rican tours which were fun to participate in with my fellow institute chicos and chicas.