“Good food and service”
Review of El Lagarto

El Lagarto
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Barbecue, Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We had grilled lobster tails and strip steak. Both were perfectly grilled. Service is good and the staff is attentive. Wine list could be better for the class of restaurant. Cocktails and espressos were perfect.

There are newer reviews for El Lagarto

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Though a little pricier than the other Samara restaurants I'm so pleased we decided to visit El Lagarto. The food, especially the meat, was just delicious! Friendly staff, great furniture on top. Just prepared for the bill - but worth it.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ate here first week of November. Located right on beach away from the crowd. Great fish and fire oven cooking adds to the taste and atmosphere. Great for couples.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The portabello mushroom and cheese appetizer was so good that I started to eat my partner's share without even consulting him; I'm usually more polite than that. I normally don't eat much red meat, but the tenderloin was very tender indeed. It was the priciest meal of our vacation so far, but we left very satisfied.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

They were out of the rib eyes so I got a New York. It was pretty good. I've rarely had good steaks in CR so this place stands out. It was a bit pricey but I don't mind that as long as it's good food. It was. Service was very good and atmosphere is awesome of course: it's right on the beach.