“Great Hospitality!”

Ranked #18 of 32 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Great Hospitality!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed for two weeks and very deceiving from the road. Surprise...very clean and well kept!
Manager and Hostess were friendly and more than willing to accommodate requests.
Breakfast was excellent as was the coffee!
Rooms were well kept and grounds were impeccable. The pool was always well maintained and very clean also.
I would stay there again as would my friends.
Not a 5-Star but more than reasonable and well known in the area.

Room Tip: Two bedroom with kitchenette nearest the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Heard from a person who lives here part time that this was the best food in town. It was! Had 6 great meals, wonderful seafood soup, got crowded after we arrived so i would go early. It was very good! The fish and seafood was very very good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We travel to Guanacaste every year and stay for 5-6 weeks. We rent a home in Carrillo but we eat dinner out every night. Hey, we are on vacation.
We eat at Esmeralda every 2-4 nights.
The food is very good. The selection is very good. The prices are among the best in Samara.
The waitstaff is polite and appreciative of your business.
The restaurant decorations are a little stark looking but very clean and it is not "on" the beach.
It is about 100 meters away, a 2 minute walk.
You can choose to eat at the "cool" bar restaurants at the beach but you will generally get iffy American style food with iffy levels of cleanliness and much higher prices.
It really depends what you want. I prefer real food with great service. I can go to the beach anytime I want and I can choose to pay the higher prices whenever I want. Once in a while, I will, just for the heck of it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Hotel is very Small but really nice and clean!
The Meals at the restaurant were the best i had in two weeks in Costa Rica, The best plate is the Fish in Avocado sauce, delicious and very good presentation, the service is great.

Room Tip: Take a unit with AC, you will need it specially if is raining season.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Delicious meal! We sat upstairs with a large group and the service was excellent. The fish with avocado sauce was very nice - hot and very tasty. We had a very nice experience at this restaurant and would definitely come again

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 7, 2008

ESMERALDA - CASA/HOTEL/RESTAURANT & ROOMS, Samara Beach, Costa Rica [--]. My Costa Rican husband and I (Vancouver, Canada citizen) stayed in this new hotel from Feb. 29-Mar.5/08. Because it is only 1 mo. new, and few people have experienced it, we were fortunate to find out about this hotel through a friend's referral. The hotel looks like a Spanish stucco/tiled Villa..totally open-aired and inviting. I am an extremely 'picky' traveller when it comes to clean, bug-free hotels, and I must say that I was completely satisfied. There are only 5 rooms upstairs, and we were the only occupants at that time. Needless to say, all services were exceptional! Only 1-1/2 blocks to one of Costa Rica's safest and most beautiful beaches, and we also felt safe walking around at night. The restaurant , on the main floor, served incredible meals....one of my husband's typical Costa Rican meals ordered was one of the best he had ever tasted, and my shrimp cocktail had the largest size & qty. of shrimp I had ever experienced! In about 6 mos. - 1 yr. from now I can see the hotel room prices being over $100./nt. ... so it's currently a steal for anyone heading in that direction!! I wanted to submit this review as a 'thank you' to TripAdvisor, because I found that all of the hotels that I had checked into and people reported as 'poor' on TripAdvisor, turned out to be so when I was actually in Samara, and I was appreciative of the pre-warning! One can find a cute, accurate and informative map of Samara Beach online at www.samarabeach.com.

6 Thank Samara_Beach_fan