All reviewshis sonfamily run hotelel cocoswimming poolthe nicest beachgreat included breakfastcosta ricatwo blocksvery nice hotelmini suiteshort walk to the beachnice and clean roomsbus servicelovely poolclose to the hotelhermosa beachdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed December 18, 2011

the rooms were modern and clean, with patios or balconies. They have a mini fridge which many hotels do not. The pool isn't the biggest but it's pretty and fun to swim in. The hotel is a very short walk from the beach, about two blocks. Overall we really liked this place, but it can get a little noisy if your room is by the pool.

Room Tip: the 2nd floor balconies are a better choice than 1st floor patios
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank places2gowithnoone2c
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Hotel Mangaby is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I have been in hotels all over the west coast and Mexico and I have never had a cleaner room or had a more helpful staff. The owner Alberto Senior, Alberto Junior, and staff do an excellent job. They are very friendly and helpful. When I come back to Playa Hermosa I will certainly stay in Hotel Mangaby. There is no better overall deal in all of Playa Hermosa. You will have a Great time in Hotel Mangaby. Sheldon and Cheryl Davis

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the mini suites by the pool. It is a very convenient room. Very safe and comfortable!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl d
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Staff here are so friendly,they really go out of there way to make you feel welcome. Our room was kept spotless, as is the rest of the hotel and pool. We extended our staff as we were having such a good time! I don't normally write reviews but they really deserve the praise!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicolaH75
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I am a volunteer living in another part of the country and chose to take a solo weekend trip to relax and decompress. Playa Hermosa was perfect for this and Hotel ManGaby was equally exactly what I was looking for. As a 27 year old female solo traveler (gringa), I wanted to make sure I felt safe in the room (i.e. that there was a trustworthy way to lock the door) and wouldn't be concerned about leaving my things in the room. I felt safe at this hotel; it was nicely furnished and clean, I had a beautiful balcony overlooking the lovely pool, the staff was excellent, and it was just a short walk to the beach. The price was very reasonable for the quality of the room. I have traveled to many other parts of the country and mostly stayed in hostels - this trip was my most gringo-style trip (in terms of having a room with A/C, hot water, etc.) and I paid more than for the hostels, but far less than you'd pay for an equivalent room in the states. Overall, I was very pleased and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank majebl
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is the best place to stay in Playa Hermosa. Pick-up service from the airport, great value, hot water, television, and wifi! Breakfast is included. The restaurant is five star! The hotel itself is beautiful and is only steps from the beach. I loved the swimming pool. The owner is extremely friendly and will go out of his way to make your stay wonderful. I've travelled throughout Costa Rica and Playa Hermosa is my favorite.

• Stayed: February 2011