All reviewshis sonfamily run hotelel cocoswimming poolthe nicest beachgreat included breakfastcosta ricatwo blocksmini suiteshort walk to the beachnice and clean roomsbus servicelovely poolclose to the hotelhermosa beachdefinitely stay here againgood size
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The Hotel Mangaby was not exceptional but very nice. The people were wonderful and totally awesome. The service is beyond compare. The room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Hotel Mangaby is a great place to stay!! Great pool that cools you off on those hot days! The hotel owners and staff were great!! Nice walk to the beach too! Local to other places in the area!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2010

No TV due to accident(not hotels fault), a small walk to beach. Small walk to nice restaurant but expensive. OK so the fire hazard rooms.... you do NOT have a normal door you have ONLY sliding glass doors for an entrance. You MUST have a key to LOCK from INSIDE! We locked door at night but if there was an emergency and we had to quickly escape we'd have to fiddle with finding the key...so we ended up leaving it in the lock....BUT next morning I was taking shower and my husband needed to use their internet so he asked me do u want me to leave it unlocked or locked? I told him to lock it of course but when I was finished my shower I realized I had no way of getting out. We only stayed one night so we didn't get to check out local town or anything.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wannatravelworld
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We traveled the entire pacific coast from south to north ending up at the Mangaby. While we were at some very upscale locations that were very nice, the Mangaby beats them in so many genuine ways. The staff was super, drove us to Coco beach because we needed some things from a pharmacy. Rooms were always neat and clean as was the pool. Their little open air cafe was a nice touch for snacks and relaxing but for meals we chose to dine at one of the beach front restaurants. Cable TV was best we had our entire trip. Stations were actual US networks, not spanish with english subtitles. This was the ONLY place we stayed where they actually had free wifi available 24 hrs a day and it stayed up too. In contrast, Best Western in Jaco Beach had free wifi but good luck FINDING AND KEEPING A SIGNAL. This is NOT a beach front hotel, it's about a block to the beach. It is also NOT a luxury hotel. Rooms are very nice but nothing plush. I'd stay here any time and advise anyone I know going to Playa de Hermosa to do the same!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2008

In Feb, 2008 we toured most of Costa Rica. I was having trouble booking a place to stay near Playa Hermosa. Vacationcity .com put me in touch with Hotel Mangaby. I'm grateful for that. We stayed approximately 14 days. Great spot. Very clean. Beautiful pool. Resteraunt also served great food. I don't have a bad word to say about the place or the staff. First class on the way. Very close to the beach. Adequate nearby shopping. I look forward to my return trip.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)