“great food and location. Very authentic.”

Roberto's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First of all it's right on the beach. food is definitely Costa Rican. 2 for 1 happy hour. We had a drink on the hotel roof deck prior to dinner. The view was exceptional. We will be back.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We found this tiny gem on our walk along Hermosa Beach and popped in at happy hour to enjoy a few cocktails while taking in the sunset. We stayed for dinner to take advantage of the view and attentive service. You can’t eat on the beach without enjoying some seafood so we snacked on fish ceviche while waiting for our main dish. It was fresh, flavorful, and light – the perfect start to dinner. If you want to follow that up with something rich, give the Fettuccini Carbonara a try. Make sure to pay a visit to Roberto’s when you are in the area – the decor, ambiance, and service were spot on! Thanks, Jhonny, for the great conversation and service ☺

1  Thank clgallo3
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Last month I had an opportunity to stop by Roberto’s at La Gaviota Tropical during my last short stay at Playa Hermosa. I just wanted to drop you a quick note regarding the dinner I had with my friend Peter and how wonderful it was! Here it is almost a month later… I can recall everything I had. How often can you recall what you had for dinner a month later? The mahi mahi was spectacular, perhaps the best I ever had. The civici was wonderful. The margaritas where out of this world (and huge). The side dishes right on down to the baby potatoes was outstanding…fresh…and delicious. For desert the banana flambé…Well I guess Pete described it best…Decadent…It was beyond great. If you’re aim is to visit the best restaurant in Costa Rica…I guess you overshot the mark. Instead this is one of the finest restaurants I have ever eaten in. That includes a long list of five star restaurants I have visited here in Manhattan & The Hamptons, Thank you. I can’t wait to get back…Pura Vida.
Charlie
East Hampton NY

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough I went with my family and friends and it was amazing plus the customer service was excellent I loved it!! Order the octopus it was soooooo yummy or the chef salad!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We ate dinner with a couple of other friends here during our stay at Condovac La Costa. Our friends had eaten here previously so we all got together for a nice dinner after a sunset cruise on the Gulf of Papagayo. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful! It has a wonderful feel to it and is very nicely decorated. It poured rain during our visit but we were inside and it just added to all the fun! My wife and I had the Pasta Carbonara. It was delicious! Very rich but a wonderful tasting dish. I have read the reviews for Roberto's and it is an exceptional restaurant! It deserves it's reputation as the finest restaurant in Playa Hermosa!! Pura Vida!!