“Tico-style diner experience”
Review of El Quijote Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

El Quijote Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary international cuisine including fresh sushi, seafood, pasta, chicken, meat and daily deserts, including a new children's' menu. Join us for Happy hour or dinner in our newly renovated bar and restaurant. We are pleased to announce our collaboration with the Hidden Garden Art Gallery. Enjoy fine dining while feasting your eyes on some fabulous artwork, also available for sale. Friday's are especially fun at El Quijote as we feature live music. Located on the 2nd entrance to Playa Hermosa, just minutes from the beach. Our hours of operation are Monday thru Saturday, 4:30pm till close, with the kitchen closing at 9:30pm. We look forward to seeing and serving you.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Reasonable prices. Friendly service. Low-key, diner atmosphere. Try the mahi mahi, which comes with rice, fried plantains, fries, black beans.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Like other reviewers, we went here after meeting the owner, John, through the owner of Hotel Villa Belmar (Felix). Lovely time all around. John went out of his way to get some delicious lobster for us that day, and recommended a great fish dish for me as well. We even shared a toast with John at one point, and met a couple of the other patrons. Fun and friendly!

Not only was the food delicious, and the fruit at the end a nice touch, the atmosphere was friendly and I loved the background music!

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place is definitely my favorite in Playa Hermosa. The food is great and reasonably priced! This is a rare combination in Hermosa, but this place landed it. John, (Spaniard) the owner, is always a pleasure to hang out with and always is ready to make you happy. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for good company, good food, and a pleasurable night. Also, remember to come around 5:30p.m. to see the howler monkey. She comes out to show off in front of the restaurant like clockwork. Pura vida!

1  Thank CRSurfCharters
Reviewed November 22, 2012

As a resident of Playa Hermosa, our choices for good but reasonably priced restaurants in our area are few. El Quijote Bar and Restaurant is such a place. I have never had a bad meal there but yes, sometimes what is on the menu may not be available. If that bothers you, get a life and go somewhere else. I like it because I generally order OFF MENU. I can tell John (the owner) that I want shrimp and pasta with no mushrooms and he will have his cook create something for me. How awesome is that. PLUS, when you order a glass of wine, you get a full glass. None of this cheap 1/2 glass stuff.

This is NOT a gourmet restaurant but is is very good and loaded with lots of people (locals and tourists) who hang around and love to chat.

1  Thank BoomersOffshore
Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of my friends told me to try this place on my vacation. They have great prices, delicious food, and friendly staff. The owner John went out of his way to make sure I felt right at home and the meal was prepared just the way I wanted it. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant on my next trip to Playa Hermosa.

2  Thank AdamB1977