Villas Sol was a delightful experience for our first visit to Costa Rica. We were there in mid March to celebrate my sons wedding with 30 family and friends and found the hotel met or exceeded everyones expectations. The buffet was average and I heard a few different people had problems with their AC units. Good thing I didn't fly 10 hours from Vancouver just for an unforgettable buffet. For me it was hard to complain about the lack of variety in the food when it was being served in such an incredible restaurant. The view of the bay all day long was so nice from this beautiful open air dining room which usually had a gentle breeze blowing through at meal time.
We stayed in a private Villa (26) which was so nice and such good value with a private pool and 3 generous bedrooms including a master ensuite and well supplied full kitchen. The staff in the resort are very helpful and will try to accommodate any request you make. Most of our guests stayed in the hotel. The rooms I saw were all recently renovated and beautifully done. The hotel is built on the side of a hill. Good thing is the views are spectacular from just about anywhere in the resort. The bad part is there are a lot of hills. But...my 83 year old mother-in-law had no problems during the week as the shuttles are frequent enough and would always let her ride in the front seat with them and drop her right at her door. All of the staff we met went out of their way to be helpful particularly if there were seniors or little ones involved.
We spent a lot of time at the beach enjoying the surf, the sunsets, the bonfires and a different beach bar/restaurant every day we were free for lunch. For dinner we tried a few different restaurants we found along the beach and had lovely moonlit walks in the sand back to the resort. There were a couple of busy beach bars with live entertainment at night for the younger crowd.
We took 2 day excursions plus rented a 10 seat van for one day to go to a neighbouring surfers beach. All 3 experiences were great fun. Sunny and 34 degrees every day. What is not to like?? If you are looking for a great value resort in an incredible country, Villa Sol is a safe bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated with Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company. We work under an all-inclusive service in 54 deluxe hotel rooms and 109 fully equipped villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. With unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf. Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages - water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski as well as many one day tours that will take you to the many national parks and hide-away beaches in the area surrounding our resort. Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings. Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement. Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile & the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste