We just returned from a 6-night stay in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. This was our first trip to Costa Rica, so the concierge, Jose, at the Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort made the difference in our trip. He personally brought us to our villa and sat with us for over an hour planning the activities for the week. His knowledge, expertise, friendliness, and genuine concern that we have a wonderful experience were priceless assets for our stay. We had such a good time on a fishing boat, traveling along the coast to visit 6 beaches, and spending a day inland visiting Arenal and the surrounding rain forest and hot springs. Jose arranged each of these trips for us with not one snag. It was great!
We spent two days at the beach and pool on the resort. The beach is pretty, and the water is good to swim in. The resort does need more beach chairs though. We also spent a fair amount of time at the pool with the swim-up bar. Get there early if you want a lounge chair. The food is excellent at the hotel restaurant. The employees are very friendly and speak fluent English.
Our villa accomodations were average, but we were not in the villa much. The maid was very good, and the villa was clean. Kitchen accomodations were limited. The beds were of average comfort. There are newer villas on the premise.
I would recommend Villas Sol mainly because of the personnel and food. Jose, the concierge, was terrific and went out of his way to make our trip a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated with Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company. We work under an all-inclusive service in 54 deluxe hotel rooms and 109 fully equipped villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. With unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf. Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages - water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski as well as many one day tours that will take you to the many national parks and hide-away beaches in the area surrounding our resort. Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings. Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement. Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile & the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste