Excellent value-- I have stayed in the rooms (great balcony views) and in a villa (individual 'house' with a 2B/2B with kitchen and plunge pool on the balcony). I have never had issues with the service, as I saw noted in one of these reviews. I was ther in late August 2012, and had GREAT friendly service, helpful service, and variety of food, dessert and drinks. We have 2 kids, and the rooms were just fine for our family of 4-- clean and organized, modern decor, cold A/C, clean bathrooms with all amenities. The balcony is great and private and we sat out there often to enjoy the sunrise/sunset. There are a few different pools to enjoy and we were able t move around easily to accomodate the kids' need to play, along with our desire to relax and 'watch' them swim. :)
Food was good-- enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Costa Rica does not have flashy, spicy foods-- you won't find that there anywhere. But the staff went out of their way to make it pretty, uniquely prepared and fresh. We fished on day and they prepared our fish for dinner and it was FABULOUS!!!! The Manager of the hotel and the restaurant were very accomodating and we enjoyed their presence!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated with Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company. We work under an all-inclusive service in 54 deluxe hotel rooms and 109 fully equipped villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. With unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf. Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages - water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski as well as many one day tours that will take you to the many national parks and hide-away beaches in the area surrounding our resort. Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings. Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement. Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile & the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste